Which was the best pub that closed in Sheffield and why?

For me it was The Cannon. I could buy cigarettes, perfume, razors, aftershave and much much more at less than the price in the shops from there!

You could even order something from certain customers and within half an hour they had been to their supplier and got it for you at a huge discount price! Even Wilkinsons could not compete on price.:)

Hehe, the Cannon was a good pub, but I think they should have moved into coffee, mango juice and red bull. I used to go in for a spliff, and would buy a j20 or beer.

I miss the Yorkshire Grey.

Is the Market Tavern still open?

I had a quite a few good sessions in The Kings Head on Manchester Road back when I was a student. Not sure it would be type of pub nowadays though.

I miss the Robin Hood in S6.. Better quiz than the Crown and Glove, better selection of local real ales.

For me it was The Cannon. I could buy cigarettes, perfume, razors, aftershave and much much more at less than the price in the shops from there!

You could even order something from certain customers and within half an hour they had been to their supplier and got it for you at a huge discount price! Even Wilkinsons could not compete on price.:)

That's because whatever they sold at would be at 100% profit and probably tax free

That's because whatever they sold at would be at 100% profit and probably tax free

What are you suggesting?:huh::suspect:

Hehe, the Cannon was a good pub, but I think they should have moved into coffee, mango juice and red bull. I used to go in for a spliff, and would buy a j20 or beer.

I miss the Yorkshire Grey.

Is the Market Tavern still open?

No, been shut for a few years...

all stolen from nearby shops at the expense of people paying for their shopping. best thing they ever did for city centre retailers was shut the cannon

I could never understand why the Traders in the Cannon could undercut Wilkinsons by about 50%. I think that they must have some good contacts.

all stolen from nearby shops at the expense of people paying for their shopping. best thing they ever did for city centre retailers was shut the cannon

I very beg your pardon!....I always bought in good faith from the local entrepreneurs !:suspect:

I very beg your pardon!....I always bought in good faith from the local entrepreneurs !:suspect:

By entrepreneurs i think you mean adicts

Got to be the Buccaneer.... even with its plastic glasses!