MyHermes courier tracking..

A few days ago I arranged for a parcel to be picked up 16/11 and couriered to my address.

Paid, got confirmation, and a handy 16-digit reference number.

Looked at the tracker yesterday and saw that something had happened at 11.20.

Great...it was on the way!

But no....

The sender contacted me yesterday evening saying that the parcel hadn't been collected....

Looked on the tracker again, and saw that the parcel had been "delivered to a safe place" at 11.20.

Safe place? Back of the van? The depot?!

Nope.

Managed to contact MyHermes who couldn't give an explanation except the courier would try again the next day.

What's the point of a tracker that claims a delivery even before collection?!

Well, its a hermes tracker. Other, more reliable and more tech-savvy couriers are available.

DPD are really good at tracking

so is the apache indian seen in cowboy films

My experience with Hermes.

I'd been waiting in for a parcel I was expecting when I got a text saying it had been delivered and signed for, when this was clearly untrue. A couple of hours later a complete stranger turned up at the front door with my parcel, he'd found it dumped on his doorstep a couple of streets away.

DPD are really good at tracking

They are the best by a mile when it comes to tracking.

Just had another go at them - they've still not collected the package, and have now suggested it might happen tomorrow.

That's a three day span to collect, which begs the question - what's the point of booking it with them in the first place?!

Not instilled with confidence - the website tracker still claims that it was "delivered to a safe place", so no change there!

Ominously, they've also suggested that the parcel could be taken to one of their many pickup stores....but I thought the whole point was to be collected from an address of your choice!

What a crap "service".

Just had another go at them - they've still not collected the package, and have now suggested it might happen tomorrow.

That's a three day span to collect, which begs the question - what's the point of booking it with them in the first place?!

Not instilled with confidence - the website tracker still claims that it was "delivered to a safe place", so no change there!

Ominously, they've also suggested that the parcel could be taken to one of their many pickup stores....but I thought the whole point was to be collected from an address of your choice!

What a crap "service".

I had a client do that once. They dropped it off at a pickup point (a shop of some description) and it sat there for a week. Take it down the post office or ring a proper courier if I were you.

My experience with Hermes......the favourite place for delivering a parcel is the blue bin even when I am in. On one occasion the tracker said it had been left in the outhouse.....problem was I didn't have any form of outhouse.

...ring a proper courier if I were you.

Any recommendations?

Apparently I'm not even going to get a refund from Hermes because their records show the parcel was delivered.

The mere fact it was never collected - and therefore cannot have been delivered - seems to baffle them...

dpd and Parcelforce are very good, don't talk to me about uk mail,there trackers crash often and no staff to answer phones

Have had no reason/apology from Hermes, but at least they've looking at giving a full refund. That said, at the same time they're keen to point out that all their drivers are self-employed, and therefore H have no control over whether the driver chooses to accept the job.

(A recipe for disaster, I would've thought.)

However, I've had to quickly pick an alternative, so fingers crossed that TNT actually bother to call tomorrow.....we shall see.