Learner lorry drivers using newly resurfaced roads

Has anyone else noticed that newly resurfaced roads are now being used by heavy goods lorries driving schools for training learner drivers, no doubt all the pot holes will return before too long, and highly likely a few car wing mirrors will not be where they should be. Where did they take learner HGV before ???

If the lorries are legal and pay all the relevant taxes, why shouldn't they use the new roads?

I don't understand why are they specifically choosing the new roads?

"New menace"? There's hyperbole then there's hyperboll****!

I can't say I've noticed this problem at all.

Don't worry- the potholes will be back soon, lorries or no lorries. Resurfacing has been done as cheaply as possible, and won't last.

i don't know about a 'new menace', but it does seem a shame that the roads have been simply re-surfaced - with no additional strengthening.

I can't say I've noticed this problem at all.

Don't worry- the potholes will be back soon, lorries or no lorries. Resurfacing has been done as cheaply as possible, and won't last.

Have you got any evidence, other than hearsay, for that statement?

this is only my experience:

i saw the roads being 'skimmed' - the old tarmac was removed, exposing the cobbles beneath.

i saw new tarmac being applied on top of the cobbles.

this is no way to build a road strong enough to deal with the weight of modern vehicles.

(the cobbles move, the tarmac flexes, it cracks, water and frost do the rest)

i don't know about a 'new menace', but it does seem a shame that the roads have been simply re-surfaced - with no additional strengthening.

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking that to do more of any significance would have incurred a large cost and time penalty, at which point the whole resurfacing project may have never happened.

"New menace"? There's hyperbole then there's hyperboll****!

Aww how cute :rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed that newly resurfaced roads are now being used by heavy goods lorries driving schools for training learner drivers, no doubt all the pot holes will return before too long, and highly likely a few car wing mirrors will not be where they should be. Where did they take learner HGV before ???

When I was learning to drive hgv we went anywhere that was legal ,most wagons nowadays are on air suspension which is better on the roads anyway and most hgv driving schools only train using empty vehicles