Sign in to follow this  

Santa must be skint - Charging parents to go in with kids

So once again it's Grotto time and ads for admission are floating around.

One particular place in Sheffield is advertising its tickets which includes £1 for any adult accompanying.

Does anyone else feel that this is a bit of a cheek? I know it's only a quid but for what? What is the adult getting for the charge? The kids tickets are £5+.

So once again it's Grotto time and ads for admission are floating around.

One particular place in Sheffield is advertising its tickets which includes £1 for any adult accompanying.

Does anyone else feel that this is a bit of a cheek? I know it's only a quid but for what? What is the adult getting for the charge? The kids tickets are £5+.

That's life sadly.

Santa will be getting paid, and minimum/living wage increases. Ditto the elves etc. Costs of lighting and so on, buying presents etc, all increase year on year, so they've probably done that to keep the cost to children down. It's all the same money of course, as the parents pay it, but it's psychologically more appealing if it's a fiver for kids and a pound for parents than £6 for kids I would imagine.

I'm sorry but I think that charging an adult to accompany a child to visit what is effectively a stranger is wrong.

Just vote with your wallet-powered feet.

If enough people do so, they'll get the message clear enough.

Or just go and pay your dues. That 5-year record inflation rate isn't going to sustain all by itself :twisted: