Free video editing software

Can anyone recommend a free video editing programme which is suitable for a beginner?

wondershare

I use it lot for video and mp3 editing, and even sometimes easily stitching the 2 together.

wondershare

I use it lot for video and mp3 editing, and even sometimes easily stitching the 2 together.

Having searched for Wondershare all I can find is filmora which has to be purchased, it isn't free - the OP was asking for freeware. :wink:

Here you go - I used to use it for all my vimeo editing:

http://www.openshot.org/

Thanks for that, I'll take a look :)

---------- Post added 14-11-2017 at 21:01 ----------

Having searched for Wondershare all I can find is filmora which has to be purchased, it isn't free - the OP was asking for freeware. :wink:

I've been using Wondershare Filmora for a couple of years, back when it was still called Wondershare Video Editor. I got it free through a website offer (including free lifetime updates!) and it's improved a lot. It's powerful and easy to use, and although I don't use it enough to justify paying $50 for it, the OP might.

Microsoft used to offer Windows Live Movie Maker for free as part of various Windows Essential lifestyle bundles, but I think it was discontinued earlier this year. Version 2012 was the last version released and it's still available to download from third-party sites:

https://archive.org/download/wlsetup-all_201704/wlsetup-all.exe

Edited by The Joker

Thanks for that, I'll take a look :)

---------- Post added 14-11-2017 at 21:01 ----------

I've been using Wondershare Filmora for a couple of years, back when it was still called Wondershare Video Editor. I got it free through a website offer (including free lifetime updates!) and it's improved a lot. It's powerful and easy to use, and although I don't use it enough to justify paying $50 for it, the OP might.

Microsoft used to offer Windows Live Movie Maker for free as part of various Windows Essential lifestyle bundles, but I think it was discontinued earlier this year. Version 2012 was the last version released and it's still available to download from third-party sites:

https://archive.org/download/wlsetup-all_201704/wlsetup-all.exe

Hi The Joker,

I don't know how it will fair on Windows platform but I stopped using it on GNU/Linux after I tried editing MP4 files from a works iPad I had downloaded to a Zorin powered notebook - it resulted in perfectly recorded videos having a silhouette/burnt image - hard to describe really. I currently use KDEnlive but that is only available on GNU/Linux. So my vimeo.com videos are now created using Gnome Desktop recorder in Zorin then editing in KDEnlive and then uploading from that. ;)

Edited by swarfendor43

I have downloaded Open shot and it is great thanks

Edited by Snooker147

Great to know - I suspect the GNU/Linux version could have gone west with a Kernel update. Glad the Windows version is working correctly. :D