Looking for a shop which sells old engineering tools

Sheffield has such a wonderful heritage in the manufacture of engineering tools, from Measuring tools such as Moore & Wright, to large Lathes

Was wondering if there may be an old style shop, Bric a Brac etc that has many old tools... Ive been to many charity shops, and never see them

rileys Attercliffe road

beat me to it . there was another one on Brightside lane near Meadowhall but that was a few years ago and for the life of me I cant remember the name

Ma tooling on Attercliffe road also sells engineering tools....

Sheffield has such a wonderful heritage in the manufacture of engineering tools, from Measuring tools such as Moore & Wright, to large Lathes

Was wondering if there may be an old style shop, Bric a Brac etc that has many old tools... Ive been to many charity shops, and never see them

Got me thinking here. If I had kept all the tools I ever owned, all the dinky toys I ever had, all the comics I ever read and threw away. I would be a multi millionaire. Sorry to make light of your genuine interest in a glorious Sheffield of yesteryear, but us old buggers are noted for rambling on a bit.;)

Edited by Ontarian1981

beat me to it . there was another one on Brightside lane near Meadowhall but that was a few years ago and for the life of me I cant remember the name

Riley's also had another place near Meadowhall so that might be the one your thinking of ??

there used to be a small second hand shop on Chesterfield Road opposite retail park but not sure if its still there. Can remember seeing micrometres, Vernier calipers etc in window display

Got me thinking here. If I had kept all the tools I ever owned, all the dinky toys I ever had, all the comics I ever read and threw away. I would be a multi millionaire. Sorry to make light of your genuine interest in a glorious Sheffield of yesteryear, but us old buggers are noted for rambling on a bit.;)

I agree. I'm seeing stuff on Bargain Hunt I've thrown away as junk going for £60 or more. Gutted.

about four years ago I sold my imperial taps and dies thinking they were redundant after not being used for about ten years then a Austin a35 van starts to come in for repairs.i still have the cam shaft hold down tool for the o series Leyland engine unused for twenty years dare I put that on ebay or wait for a Sherpa to come in.

there used to be a small second hand shop on Chesterfield Road opposite retail park but not sure if its still there. Can remember seeing micrometres, Vernier calipers etc in window display

Was that the one called Toools (it really did have 3 "O"s and it's not a typo). https://www.yell.com/static/image/c31a6112-d82d-478a-be57-f6ac5e23e555_image_jpeg?t=tr/w:200/h:200/m:FitCrop

Riley's also had another place near Meadowhall so that might be the one your thinking of ??

You are probably right

Riley's have been bought out but the new company still trade from the Attercliffe road shop. I believe the other site down near Meadowhall is to be closed down.

There is M A Tooling on Attercliffe road opposite the Staniforth road junction