It depends which Wednesday team turns up.

Ian, the arrogant dopey Blade on RS Football Heaven quotes Wednesday fans with the above quote, and claims it's nonsense. Well 'Ayatollah 2' you couldn't be more wrong. Wednesday's results are entirely down to whether the team go out keen and determined to win, or if they go out not giving a fig. At least one team in the country at the moment goes out with a brilliant attitude for 95 minutes every game. Praise the Manager of these types of teams by all means, but it's the players who work and run. Wednesday DO have 2 teams. One would/could/should get automatic, and the other one's less than average.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Ian, the arrogant dopey Blade on RS Football Heaven quotes Wednesday fans with the above quote, and claims it's nonsense. We'll 'Ayatollah 2' you couldn't be more wrong. Wednesday's results are entirely down to whether the team go out keen and determined to win, or if they go out not giving a fig. At least one team in the country at the moment goes out with a brilliant attitude for 95 minutes every game. Praise the Manager of these types of teams by all means, but it's the players who work and run. Wednesday DO have 2 teams. One would/could/should get automatic, and the other one's less than average.

Fair points,but how a match “pans out” (?) isn’t just down to how Wednesday are playing or in your parlance “ which Wednesday” turns up.

Carlos has no control or say in how the opposition prepares or is prepared by their manager, tactically, emotionally, prsychologically,but he has to react to it during the game.

We both know that Carlos’s position is partly determined by what happens at the Lane, the fans will be just that bit harder on him in the event of failure.

Personally I think he’s dead man walking. Expect him to go this week

We both know that Carlos’s position is partly determined by what happens at the Lane, the fans will be just that bit harder on him in the event of failure.

Personally I think he’s dead man walking. Expect him to go this week

Sorry but I don't see how what happens with you guys has any bearing on carlos position. It is a case if which Wednesday turns up at the minute but we know how we can play its just not happening enough at the moment

Sorry but I don't see how what happens with you guys has any bearing on carlos position. It is a case if which Wednesday turns up at the minute but we know how we can play its just not happening enough at the moment

You don't think that the Blades doing as well as they are and with a local lad as a manager puts pressure on Carlos as Sheffield Wednesday manager ?

So losing to your nearest rivals and conceding 4 in the process doesn't add pressure, it could just as easily have been , say, QPR ?

Strewth, you've got the bit between your teeth Ridgey!

Plenty of groundbait in your bucket eh?

Strewth, you've got the bit between your teeth Ridgey!

Plenty of groundbait in your bucket eh?

ii

Do you think so ? It’ll all sort its sen out in the end.

Perhaps this Wednesday should turn up.

Haven't seen it myself because I can't get YouTube where I am right now but was sent the link.

Edited by Jim Hardie
Wrong link

You don't think that the Blades doing as well as they are and with a local lad as a manager puts pressure on Carlos as Sheffield Wednesday manager ?

So losing to your nearest rivals and conceding 4 in the process doesn't add pressure, it could just as easily have been , say, QPR ?

I don't think united doing well puts pressure on Carlos, losing to them in isolation does, and if they'd then won the next 3 all would be well.

Carlos is under pressure because we've played very poorly since the play off final, he seems to go out to avoid defeat, not beat teams, and its costing us (and ultimately will cost him).

And the Local lad bit, whats that got to do with it ? Wednesday fans don't want united above them but it doesn't matter if he's from China, Iceland or Heeley

I don't think united doing well puts pressure on Carlos, losing to them in isolation does, and if they'd then won the next 3 all would be well.

Carlos is under pressure because we've played very poorly since the play off final, he seems to go out to avoid defeat, not beat teams, and its costing us (and ultimately will cost him).

And the Local lad bit, whats that got to do with it ? Wednesday fans don't want united above them but it doesn't matter if he's from China, Iceland or Heeley

Ultimately managers are quite rightly judged by their win/loss record, that’s a given. That said, fans do have an effect on owners and whether or not they stick with their manager. It’s unfortunate that fans do influence owners. In a two club City like Sheffield, the success at one club will magnify failure at the other. That’s essentially the point I’m making. When you fail so badly as Carlos appears to be doing, when expectations were initially high, bookies favourites etc. and the apparent financial advantages at the club, as compared to “Pub league “ United, it compounds his failure

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 09:43 ----------

The fact that Wilders à local lad “ one of our own” does add to the current “ warm glow” around Bramall Lane. On other Wednesday message boards there is a lobby to bring Megson back, an apparent attempt to create what we have currently at the Lane,if you don’t believe me go and have a look.

Personally I just want a manager who’s successful at my club.

Our Captain, Manager and Owner are all lifelong Blades fans. Contrast that with Wednesday, a foreign owner who is essentially a wealthy carpetbagger and could easily have gone elsewhere “ Big Chansiri”, à Portuguese Manager with no ties or connections to the club. No idea who your Captain is ?

Plus an expensive flop in Rhodes who seems scared of his own skin, who may however come good

Ian, the arrogant dopey Blade on RS Football Heaven quotes Wednesday fans with the above quote, and claims it's nonsense. Well 'Ayatollah 2' you couldn't be more wrong. Wednesday's results are entirely down to whether the team go out keen and determined to win, or if they go out not giving a fig. At least one team in the country at the moment goes out with a brilliant attitude for 95 minutes every game. Praise the Manager of these types of teams by all means, but it's the players who work and run. Wednesday DO have 2 teams. One would/could/should get automatic, and the other one's less than average.

Is he the one with the "plummy"accent?

Ultimately managers are quite rightly judged by their win/loss record, that’s a given. That said, fans do have an effect on owners and whether or not they stick with their manager. It’s unfortunate that fans do influence owners. In a two club City like Sheffield, the success at one club will magnify failure at the other. That’s essentially the point I’m making. When you fail so badly as Carlos appears to be doing, when expectations were initially high, bookies favourites etc. and the apparent financial advantages at the club, as compared to “Pub league “ United, it compounds his failure

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 09:43 ----------

The fact that Wilders à local lad “ one of our own” does add to the current “ warm glow” around Bramall Lane. On other Wednesday message boards there is a lobby to bring Megson back, an apparent attempt to create what we have currently at the Lane,if you don’t believe me go and have a look.

Personally I just want a manager who’s successful at my club.

Our Captain, Manager and Owner are all lifelong Blades fans. Contrast that with Wednesday, a foreign owner who is essentially a wealthy carpetbagger and could easily have gone elsewhere “ Big Chansiri”, à Portuguese Manager with no ties or connections to the club. No idea who your Captain is ?

Plus an expensive flop in Rhodes who seems scared of his own skin, who may however come good

He hasn't "failed so badly" yet - the season has a long way to go.

Your life long blade owner hasn't really served you that well in most of the last 10 seasons.

He hasn't "failed so badly" yet - the season has a long way to go.

Your life long blade owner hasn't really served you that well in most of the last 10 seasons.

That why I wrote “ appears to be doing “

True but look where we are now.