Who to replace Carlos?

'I've said all along we should have got XXXXXXXXXX'

'Carlos has got to go'

'He's doing a good job at Barnsley'

'Get Dean Smith from Brentford'

I'll say here and now, I'm not pushing for the removal of Carlos. I know he can get us playing like Barcelona (I've seen it, Google 42 passes against Forest)

If the Carlos of 2 seasons ago returns, then that'll do for me.

At the moment, I wouldn't pay him in brass washers. I don't know why we're 'not good' at the moment, but we're a bit 'rubbish'.

Someone said 'you can only play as well as the other team let you play'

Oh yeah? Birmingham???????? Get real. I don't remember 'Real S2' stopping us playing either.

We've had 5 managers at Wednesday in the last 6 months.

We had the one who allowed Derby to go one up at Hillsborough late last season. Then we had Manager 2 who took over in the same game, who outplayed and walloped Derby for 30 minutes to get back to 2-1. The first manager then took charge for the rest of the game and we 'hung on'. In fact, for two of our wins, Manager One was sat in the stands with me (Not really, but almost)

Manager 1 held on for the next 6 or 7 games or so, and we did ok. Then, United came to town and rattled us 2-0 within 15 minutes. Whilst Manager 1 had his back turned, we got back to 2-1. At Half Time, we brought in a new Manager (No 3) who scared the wits out of 'Real S2' and we marched on back to 2-2. Clever, incisive, penetrative football that had the Blades on the ropes, and brickin' it. This new Manager left after 20 minutes (is this a World Record?) and Manager 1 took the reins yet again.

Yet another new Manager (Manager 4) has a Press Conference messing around with a £20 note and having passion coming out of his earholes (along with some steam and some other stuff).

Manager 4 had the night off against Birmingham, and Manager 5 was put in charge. We lost 1-0 to Birmingham Ladies.

My question is, and I want a definitive answer, no fiddle faddle, no wishy washy, which Manager do Owls fans (I said Owls fans) want to take the seat and use it for the next 5 years?

At the moment, I really wish Chris Wilder was a Wednesday fan, but as he isn't, I'll go for my long term favourite Glen Hoddle. It WON'T be Glen Hoddle, but he's the man for me.

I'd really like to choose between Manager 2 and Manager 3 (Played 2, won 2 .............. easily, but they didn't hang around very long.

So come on Owls, should Chansiri fire the bullet, which tactical, awesome Genius do you want to take the reins?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Before this debate gets going.

Where were Wednesday after 10 games last season, and the season before that ?

Any statto's out there.

My hunch is - the last two seasons, would be very similar to this one.

All this pressure on CC has been brought about from last Sundays result in my opinion. Although last nights result didn't help.

Knee jerk reaction ?

I’d get the manager who got the 2-0 score back to 1-1 at half time.

Guest sibon

Any statto's out there.

All this pressure on CC has been brought about from last Sundays result in my opinion. Although last nights result didn't help.

Knee jerk reaction ?

Not quite.

The quality of football has declined over the last year. We've become very negative and pretty easy to stifle. The derby result didn't help, but performances at the end of last season and the start of this are more important.

I'm not one who usually shouts for the sacking of a manager, but this time I'm making an exception. There is an inevitability about his sacking, we'd be best served by getting on with it.

Any statto's out there.

Knee jerk reaction ?

yup, weve been pants at the start of the last two seasons, we were higher placed this, but weve slackened off a bit now.

Im veering to the sack carlos for one reason, i think hes plateaud, even if we did creep into the playoffs we actually havent got a hope in hell of actually doing it. its the law of diminishing returns.

Not sure what but we just dont seem to play consistently well and its baffeling, we do have some exceptional players, and most have played excellently together before.

I will say theres a few i really think we ballsed up on buying (Reach, Rhodes, Jones, Pudil, Hunt) to name four.

And really shouldve got rid of a few like Nuiu

evening hots. why not let the fans do the job. the technology is there, football is moving on. cameras on the goal line, refs talking through mouthpiece"s, slow motion playbacks etc. if you watch bgt. x factor, strictly,and many more you can vote for a contestant in seconds. why not apply this format to football.. the day before a game let the fans vote on the team selection 25,000 fans must be able to pick the best team. after all there are some very knowledgable fans on this forum alone... also this would take a lot of pressure of carlos, he could then concentrate on getting the players to peak fitness, without having to worry about team selection. also if owls got hammered he would have the opportunity to slag the fans of. is this the way forward ?

yup, weve been pants at the start of the last two seasons, we were higher placed this, but weve slackened off a bit now.

Im veering to the sack carlos for one reason, i think hes plateaud, even if we did creep into the playoffs we actually havent got a hope in hell of actually doing it. its the law of diminishing returns.

Not sure what but we just dont seem to play consistently well and its baffeling, we do have some exceptional players, and most have played excellently together before.

I will say theres a few i really think we ballsed up on buying (Reach, Rhodes, Jones, Pudil, Hunt) to name four.

And really shouldve got rid of a few like Nuiu

Mel you named 5,said from day one we didn't need Rhodes,Hunt and Jones not good enough,I think Reach is a better winger than full back and Pudils handy to have,what's peeved me are the player s Carl is has bought and never played,I think he's took us as high as he can unless he goes back 2 years and plays the footy he started with,that's who I'd like to see in charge.

I’d get the manager who got the 2-0 score back to 1-1 at half time.

Corrected. Thanks fellow Owl. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 28-09-2017 at 20:07 ----------

evening hots. why not let the fans do the job. the technology is there, football is moving on. cameras on the goal line, refs talking through mouthpiece"s, slow motion playbacks etc. if you watch bgt. x factor, strictly,and many more you can vote for a contestant in seconds. why not apply this format to football.. the day before a game let the fans vote on the team selection 25,000 fans must be able to pick the best team. after all there are some very knowledgable fans on this forum alone... also this would take a lot of pressure of carlos, he could then concentrate on getting the players to peak fitness, without having to worry about team selection. also if owls got hammered he would have the opportunity to slag the fans of. is this the way forward ?

Evening Pads. Thanks fellow Owl. WAWAW?

---------- Post added 28-09-2017 at 20:11 ----------

Any statto's out there.

Knee jerk reaction ?

Not quite sir. we've been lucky in defence for long enough.

The pressure has been brought about by people who've accepted scraping through as 'a good result' and those like me who've said many, many times, 'How the Hell did they not score then?'

Birmingham could have got 3 last night. We could have got none.

---------- Post added 28-09-2017 at 20:18 ----------

Mel you named 5,said from day one we didn't need Rhodes,Hunt and Jones not good enough,I think Reach is a better winger than full back and Pudils handy to have,what's peeved me are the player s Carl is has bought and never played,I think he's took us as high as he can unless he goes back 2 years and plays the footy he started with,that's who I'd like to see in charge.

That's what I said above Dobs.

It's baffling how we can be probably the best team in the League and biggest pile of pants in the same 90 minutes.

I'm not Pudil's biggest fan, but late last season, and early this, I think he's played really well for us. He's certainly a better full back than Reach (who was bought for what he is ....... a winger) As you say, Reach is looking better and better as a winger as time goes on.

All our players can play a bit, and they can all work hard, and with passion. I've seen it on a few occasions.

Are the players letting Carlos down?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Wednesday were very lucky to get none against brum.

wednesday were very lucky to get none against brum.

lol

---------- Post added 28-09-2017 at 20:25 ----------

Reach has his moments but tbh we can do better, same with Pudil

Managerial appointments by both Sheffield clubs as in giving former Sheffield born ex-players manager's job hasn't worked out too well. The Owls ,as in Peter Eustace, Chris Turner-(Derek Dooley was another sad story)-. The Blades after Mickey Adams !! Seem to have got it right with Chris Wilder.

Managerial appointments by both Sheffield clubs as in giving former Sheffield born ex-players manager's job hasn't worked out too well. The Owls ,as in Peter Eustace, Chris Turner-(Derek Dooley was another sad story)-. The Blades after Mickey Adams !! Seem to have got it right with Chris Wilder.

Sheridens now free :P