2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Can anyone recommend someone to put a couple of air vents in my cellar?

Hi

Could anyone recommend someone who can line the chimney and fit a log burner

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone recommend a gardener in S6 for a one off garden cut back and tidy?

Thanks

Needed some maintenance doing : clean the guttering and (further) secure a loose drainpipe.

Saw a recommendation for 'ForeverGreen' (Marren Building & Roofing) elsewhere on Sheffield Forum.

As a result (of that positive post & a quick look on his website), I contacted Mike who popped by (to give me quote) exactly when he said he would and who subsequently did the job promptly, exactly as he said he would.

Thank you :) .

(No connection, other than as a customer, etc, etc)

For a log burner and chimney works try ember stoves crosspool Sheffield 20, sorry don’t have number handy

Hi,

Wanting to replace some vertical blinds on a large (3m+ X 2m+) window. Any recommendations for a decent local business who can sort please? Although existing blinds are vertical I'm not beholden to that style; Venetian, Plantation style shutters etc could be an option.

Has someone used a south Sheff business of late that they could recommend on price and quality please?

Just moved house and the shower cubicle needs the seal replacing at the bottom of the (curved) doors. It's probably just a tiny job to someone but I can't work out what sort of seal I need or how to get the doors off! Can anyone suggest someone to do that for me?

Thanks

Hi,

Wanting to replace some vertical blinds on a large (3m+ X 2m+) window. Any recommendations for a decent local business who can sort please? Although existing blinds are vertical I'm not beholden to that style; Venetian, Plantation style shutters etc could be an option.

Has someone used a south Sheff business of late that they could recommend on price and quality please?

Hi, try David at Sheffield Venetian Blinds. We often use him.

http://www.svbc.co.uk/

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 15:40 ----------

Just moved house and the shower cubicle needs the seal replacing at the bottom of the (curved) doors. It's probably just a tiny job to someone but I can't work out what sort of seal I need or how to get the doors off! Can anyone suggest someone to do that for me?

Thanks

Hi, try Ash at AB - his number is 07552 234820

We highly recommend

We used a plumber called Stuart Swan off the back of a recommendation from the Forum and would like to recommend him as well. We needed a repair job doing on our bathroom waste pipe at short notice and he was able to help. He was friendly and considerate while undertaking the work, and did a very good job for a reasonable price. His number is 07757028912. Cheers Stuart!

my newly fitted shower tray of 1 month has developed a hairline crack, I am going to get a replacement (Pearlstone instead of stone resin this time) with extra feet maybe 6 or 8, cos there was some weak points on the existing one.

Can anyone recommend someone to fit it and any ideas on costs?

I had someone visited today and it would seem that the shower was poorly installed, so need the door corrected and a new tray fitted (I already have a new tray) can someone recommend a reliable and reasonably priced plumber?

I was looking for a new door for a rental property of mine to be supplied & fitted, & was looking for someone local to the Dinnington area.

I found a company called Truestyle Windows based in Dinnington (01909517129), who came out immediately to measure up, gave me a very reasonable quote, & even put a seal under the door until they could fit the new one.

All work was carried out to an extremely high standard, everyone I've spoken to has been extremely helpful & I would not hesitate to recommend.

Many thanks.

Hi, can anyone recommend someone to fit a gas fire insert into an existing Victorian fireplace please?

thanks!