Firth Park 50s and 60s

All these people were in my year I believe,(left in 1962) we should all be 66/67yrs old. I would love to hear from you all and share some memories. Sorry to any I have forgotten, my memory is not as sharp as it was.Robert Brian, Norman Coldwell, Limbert Collins,Wilbert Collins, Robert Cook, Geoffrey Cooke, Stephen Cotterril, Christopher Dickens, Brian Dickenson, Alan Fergus, Gordon lennihan, JohnLewis, Alan Middleton, Stephen Moffat, Billy Moulds, leslie Nicholson, Brian Norris, Henry Parkin, Graham Sanderson, DavidSpencer, Alan Stone, Brian Swallow, Neil Sykes, Peter Unwin,Barbara Antcliffe, Beryl Atter, Tina Crawford, Theresa Dring, Christine Downes,Pauline France, Maureen Gladsby, Elizabeth Lill, Carol Loukes, Jean Menzies,Pauline Newton, Cathleen Parker, Josephine Proctor, Andrea Smith,Patricia Smith, Linda Smithson, Susan Stokes, Pamela Walshaw,

If you want to catch up we meet at the Stubbin Centre Fairthorn Road tuesdays at 1.00pm

Hi. alan. I use to live next door to a Christopher dickens. did he have a brother, think his name was phil. I live close to stubbin centre (Longley) so will try to pop in next week.

Rosemary Hanney married Derek Sleight, I think the Sleights lived on Tideswell road. Opposite side of the gennel, on The Oval, from Rosemary lived the Lennehans, and further down lived Gary and Ray Betts. Across the road from us lived Mr John (Johnny) Holland who was a Lord Mayor of Sheffield, he signed a reference for me and I got every job that I applied for. It’s always been, its who you know, not what you know. I remember we used to play on the bank near the steps and when Alan Fletcher had to go home his mother would shout him and I swear you could have heard her calling in Skegness, she was so loud. Aaaaaalaaaan. Fun days

There was a family of Sleights that lived on Tideswell Road but I only remember the youngest sister, Julie.

Chris did have a brother Philip, sadly Chris passed away a few years ago.

All these people were in my year I believe,(left in 1962) we should all be 66/67yrs old. I would love to hear from you all and share some memories. Sorry to any I have forgotten, my memory is not as sharp as it was.Robert Brian, Norman Coldwell, Limbert Collins,Wilbert Collins, Robert Cook, Geoffrey Cooke, Stephen Cotterril, Christopher Dickens, Brian Dickenson, Alan Fergus, Gordon lennihan, JohnLewis, Alan Middleton, Stephen Moffat, Billy Moulds, leslie Nicholson, Brian Norris, Henry Parkin, Graham Sanderson, DavidSpencer, Alan Stone, Brian Swallow, Neil Sykes, Peter Unwin,Barbara Antcliffe, Beryl Atter, Tina Crawford, Theresa Dring, Christine Downes,Pauline France, Maureen Gladsby, Elizabeth Lill, Carol Loukes, Jean Menzies,Pauline Newton, Cathleen Parker, Josephine Proctor, Andrea Smith,Patricia Smith, Linda Smithson, Susan Stokes, Pamela Walshaw,

If you want to catch up we meet at the Stubbin Centre Fairthorn Road tuesdays at 1.00pm

This is my sister, she's 4 years older than me.

Pass on my best wishes to Pauline and let her know about the Tuesday get togethers. If she in contact with any others please ask her to let them know too.

Alan

Pass on my best wishes to Pauline and let her know about the Tuesday get togethers. If she in contact with any others please ask her to let them know too.

Alan

I'll pass on your best wishes Alan but Pauline lives miles away from here.

Sorry to hear about Keith pleased to know Jenifer is still with us remember me to her please . Its amazing how these names keep coming back . Heard a while ago that Pam Humphries had left us. Pam lived on Horninglow near the Jennel . Peter Niles used to live opposite side and other side of jennel. Stephen Nortcliffe and Mick Smith live at side of jennel as well . Alan and Rod do you both still live local.

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 12:41 ----------

Sorry Alan you said earlier you live at Westfield , having a senior moment

Hi everyone. I live at Sheffield Lane Top.

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 22:50 ----------

Rosemary Hanney married Derek Sleight, I think the Sleights lived on Tideswell road. Opposite side of the gennel, on The Oval, from Rosemary lived the Lennehans, and further down lived Gary and Ray Betts. Across the road from us lived Mr John (Johnny) Holland who was a Lord Mayor of Sheffield, he signed a reference for me and I got every job that I applied for. It’s always been, its who you know, not what you know. I remember we used to play on the bank near the steps and when Alan Fletcher had to go home his mother would shout him and I swear you could have heard her calling in Skegness, she was so loud. Aaaaaalaaaan. Fun days

I was chatting to Derek Sleight yesterday. He is a couple of years older than me ( I'm 70). Derek and I played in the same billiards team at Sheffield Lane W.M.C. and also played together in the Monday night games league where we played snooker , darts, dominoes, crib and Whist. He also still lives fairly local. He has a brother called Ray who I haven't seen for years. He was an excellent dart thrower. His youngest brother is Graham who I see at least once a week in Sheffield Lane W.M.C.

Hey up Rod nice to see you are still a member of lane top club. That used to be my club as well , my dad and grandad were one of the first members of that club. I used to play snooker in there Saturday afternoons straight from match, The cinema just down road was a favourite venue for me as the cashier used to live across road from me and used to get me in cheap or free.

Regards Dave

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 15:30 ----------

Was it Keith Shirtcliffe who was killed in a motor bike accident at the cross roads of Horninglow Rd and Tideswell Rd . He was a year older than me I think

I remember this sad event as Keith was a friend. I think that Ray Betts was on the bike with Keith, and that he survived the accident. The funeral was a sad occasion, but all the neighbours lined the Oval as the funeral cortage went by to pay their respects.

yes that's right can remember funeral . My mum and dad walked along to pay their respects . It was only a few days before, the accident , he came round to our house to buy some spare parts from my brother . Can you remember a Philip Dickens about our age .

Phil and Chris Dickinson lived at 750 Barnsley rd. Philip was born 47..48 as he was in my sister Hilary's class at Hucklow. Philip passed his 11 plus and I think went to Rollinson Technical school. Phil daughter sometimes comes on this site so I'm sure she will confirm.

---------- Post added 24-11-2017 at 18:20 ----------

Sorry it should read Dickens not Dickinson.