Tenant Can’t Pay The Rent

hahaha straight onto the backs of those renters.

they could be dodgy, but then they couldve been in the same boat as me currently.

Ive just been made redundent for the second time this year, by the same company. The rent and bills are paid up to the end of the month, BUT i dont have anyc money bar £180 left in my ISA, im due to get paid the outstanding pay from the work for 3 weeks of the month, not sure when or how much tbh. it may afford another month of bills...maybe.

after that?

currently no money

no job as yet, applied for about 15, now the waiting game.

no benefit as yet, could take a couple of days to fill in the very now complicated online form, then wait, then interview, then could be a 6 week? wait for the newfangled universal credit to come through.

not everybodys out to get one over, there IS good reasons why as well

Sorry to hear about your job, and I do hope you get one soon. Or at least you do not have to wait six weeks to get your benefits sorted.

They seem like honest people, it will get very costly for both sides if they dont pay, at less than 2% interest rates, one month late is not important.

Would you be ok if your wages were one month late?

Would you be ok if your wages were one month late?

I would stay in the same job if that happened; would you suggest the OP started eviction proceedings?

Thanks for the replies folks. I wasn’t prepared to be walked over again. I basically gave them the ultimatum by saying I can’t pay your rent for you, either pay it or I will begin proceedings to have you evicted, well words to that effect.

Amazingly they have found the money to pay the rent and tell me it was a misunderstanding on their part. I do think they were trying it on to have some extra cash for Xmas. I’ll have to see how it goes over the coming months.

Now you've got it sorted you will know for next time if they try anything else.

I would stay in the same job if that happened; would you suggest the OP started eviction proceedings?

But you would have no problem with it, is that what you are saying? It wouldn't be important?

I have suggested nothing, by the way.

Winston Wolf & Cocoa springs to mind here ;)

hahaha straight onto the backs of those renters.

they could be dodgy, but then they couldve been in the same boat as me currently.

Ive just been made redundent for the second time this year, by the same company. The rent and bills are paid up to the end of the month, BUT i dont have any money bar £180 left in my ISA, im due to get paid the outstanding pay from the work for 3 weeks of the month, not sure when or how much tbh. it may afford another month of bills...maybe.

after that?

currently no money

no job as yet, applied for about 15, now the waiting game.

no benefit as yet, could take a couple of days to fill in the very now complicated online form, then wait, then interview, then could be a 6 week? wait for the newfangled universal credit to come through.

not everybodys out to get one over, there IS good reasons why as well

I hope your job search is successful. Being out of work is rotten at any time, but the month before Christmas is a really tough break.

I hope your job search is successful. Being out of work is rotten at any time, but the month before Christmas is a really tough break.

Could you just say how sorry you feel for buy to let landlords whos tenants wont pay there rent so they can pay the mortgage on the property they bought to give them a home this xmas. Only 1 in 10 are genuine people who cant pay and the ones who say so by e/mail are scammers . If they went to see the landlord personally he will be sympathetic and try to sort it out in most cases :suspect:

Could you just say how sorry you feel for buy to let landlords whos tenants wont pay there rent so they can pay the mortgage on the property they bought to give them a home this xmas. Only 1 in 10 are genuine people who cant pay and the ones who say so by e/mail are scammers . If they went to see the landlord personally he will be sympathetic and try to sort it out in most cases :suspect:

My comment to Mel has nothing to do with rent arrears.

I was a housing officer in a town near here, part of my job was chasing rent arrears, and some who couldn't pay had genuine reasons, some didn't. I'd help those who needed hep with housing benefits claims so the landlord wouldn't lose out.

I'm also aware that most BTL landlords aren't philanthropists and don't buy a property for selfless reasons, ie 'to give someone a home this xmas'. It's probably not great business sense to take out a mortgage in the hope that a tenant will be able to cover the payment via their rent every month.

oh boo hoo!

Someone is trying to do well for themselves and all you can do it tear them down? You pathetic clown!!

You can't even string a half-decent sentence together, just leave the OP alone you total sad-sack.

oh boo hoo!

Someone is trying to do well for themselves and all you can do it tear them down? You pathetic clown!!

You can't even string a half-decent sent together, just leave the OP alone you total sad-sack.

Thank you but you aint got a clue/ Are you the tenant i once gave 2 hours notice to get out when i caught you smoking in living room and you burnt new

carpet You asked for a reference as well :hihi::suspect: