Blades v Queens pk

From what little I've seen of United I said Blackman was the weak point

Do not forget he is still learning his trade having said that I do prefer Moore.Missed some great chances last night and should have come away with a point but I would have snapped anyone 's hand off for third place come Nov at the start of the season.I have all faith in our gaffer to put it right against Hull .Must say Brooks got no protection at all from the ref and a lines man that stood three yards away while Brooks was fouled three times in 5 seconds by the defender AND THEN BROOKS GOT BOOKED FOR RETALIATION.The dumb ref did not understand that he was booked because he did NOT DO HIS JOB.He is just a kid so I hope he learned something last night and do not retaliate other wise clubs will try to wind him up.

No disgrace in the performance, an away defeat, we shall have a few more before the end of the season. But how many Blades are disappointed with our position?

utb

Absolutely delighted with our position at the moment. I was convinced we'd get something there, even at half time I thought we'd come back, but never mind these things happen and will happen again.

As long as we carry on as before and show the same spirit we're going to be ok.

Match action

Chris Wilders reaction

No excuses

Simon Moore on Blackmans injury

Had a bad feeling all day today, thought Wilder seemed a bit off in his interview with RS yesterday and I expected him to make changes, unfortunately I don't think our squad is strong enough in this league to make those changes, with Fleck already out dropping Duffy & Sharp was always a risk, Wilder has done it twice this season and we've lost both times. We got away with rotating in league one but I think we need a stronger squad to do it in the championship. Not going to be too critical though, can't win them all & if you told me we'd be third going into November I'd have laughed in your face. Hopefully back to winning ways on Saturday.

During the last transfer window Wilder tried to sign three players, two of whom I think were strikers, but apparently Agents scuppered the deal.

If we maintain our current form and are around or about the Play Offs in January I don’t believe we”ll have the same difficulties in signing players, ie. we are not looking at an instant return to Div one

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 08:46 ----------

From what little I've seen of United I said Blackman was the weak point

He’s not had a lot to do actually, so I think the jury’s still out , he has been a consistent member of a successful team currently in the top three.

We have a more than adequate replacement though.

Hope I haven’’t given you a narcissistic injury. I know you’re a bit fragile

Forget the mistake which cost the goal,whether it be Blackman or Carter Vickers at fault,these things happen,from this game the inquest is,for me was our inability to get back in the game when we had loads of time to do it,why we were playing a different style to what we have been doing,and what Wilder has been having us play,and was expecting us to play,how he couldn't change it during the game to what he wanted to see us doing.

It seemed like we regressed back to the Middlesboro and Cardiff games,where they trapped us with their tactics and we couldn't handle it,since then,we sorted it and went on to impose our game on our opponents.

This must be worrying for Wilder who won't want to see a problem he thought solved come back again,so what happens between now and Hull between the players and management is vital,because we need to see a positive reaction straight away and hope it was a blip.

Poor goal to lose to. But you dust yourself and move on.

I hope Blackman isn't put for too long because he has been an important part of the team.

That said I'm more than happy for Moore to return to the first team.

3 points from the last 2 away games is a good return, but I think if we were honest we would have thought the results would have been different.

But I'd prefer to lose yo QPR and beat leeds.

That said, we move on and pick ourselves up for what should be 3 points on Saturday