It depends which Wednesday team turns up.

You don't think that the Blades doing as well as they are and with a local lad as a manager puts pressure on Carlos as Sheffield Wednesday manager ?

So losing to your nearest rivals and conceding 4 in the process doesn't add pressure, it could just as easily have been , say, QPR ?

The derby result won't of helped him but I'm sure uniteds position in the league has little bearing on wether he stays or goes, performances on the pitch should be the only thing that counts.

Ultimately managers are quite rightly judged by their win/loss record, that’s a given. That said, fans do have an effect on owners and whether or not they stick with their manager. It’s unfortunate that fans do influence owners. In a two club City like Sheffield, the success at one club will magnify failure at the other. That’s essentially the point I’m making. When you fail so badly as Carlos appears to be doing, when expectations were initially high, bookies favourites etc. and the apparent financial advantages at the club, as compared to “Pub league “ United, it compounds his failure

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 09:43 ----------

The fact that Wilders à local lad “ one of our own” does add to the current “ warm glow” around Bramall Lane. On other Wednesday message boards there is a lobby to bring Megson back, an apparent attempt to create what we have currently at the Lane,if you don’t believe me go and have a look.

Personally I just want a manager who’s successful at my club.

Our Captain, Manager and Owner are all lifelong Blades fans. Contrast that with Wednesday, a foreign owner who is essentially a wealthy carpetbagger and could easily have gone elsewhere “ Big Chansiri”, à Portuguese Manager with no ties or connections to the club. No idea who your Captain is ?

Plus an expensive flop in Rhodes who seems scared of his own skin, who may however come good

I'd take the "lobby" with a pinch of salt.

I don't think the fact that you have local folk in those 3 positions is the reason you're above us. You're above us as you've shown you're fresh, you're going for it, you've got pace and a manager with a system (and good players), whereas Carlos has lost his way, no pace, and doesn't trust youth for some reason, and we've just become a shadow of the team he built in his 1st season.

And again, although Wednesday fans want to be above United, it's not a yardstick, I'm more concerned we're outside the playoffs, no matter who's in the top 6

That why I wrote “ appears to be doing “

True but look where we are now.

I'd rather look where you are in May as a guide.

I'd rather look where you are in May as a guide.

What’s wrong with current reality rather than hypotheticals ?

What’s wrong with current reality rather than hypotheticals ?

I don't think they hand out any trophies for being 3rd in October.

Is he the one with the "plummy"accent?

No, that's 'Posh Blade' who lives out of town somewhere.

Ian talks like nowt can ever hurt him, or no one can ever correct him, or argue with him da nose?

Da nose, we're not like dat uvver lot at uther side. Av bin a Blade since 1803 and weer just lettin 'em be top dogs for a year or two. Wiv got World Class players and they cost us nowt, not like t'billionaires at uther side.

Mick from Rawmarsh talks a load of crap and he thinks he's nivver wrong.

Oh the irony...................................

No, that's 'Posh Blade' who lives out of town somewhere.

Ian talks like nowt can ever hurt him, or no one can ever correct him, or argue with him da nose?

Da nose, we're not like dat uvver lot at uther side. Av bin a Blade since 1803 and weer just lettin 'em be top dogs for a year or two. Wiv got World Class players and they cost us nowt, not like t'billionaires at uther side.

Mick from Rawmarsh talks a load of crap and he thinks he's nivver wrong.

Oh the irony...................................

I use to listen to FH whilst driving in to work on nightshift and don't hear it so much since I came off shift. I do catch PorG on Saturdays sometimes. I'll listen out for the one you're on about.

As for Mick the Rawmarsh know-it-all he gets stick from quite a few quarters.

I use to listen to FH whilst driving in to work on nightshift and don't hear it so much since I came off shift. I do catch PorG on Saturdays sometimes. I'll listen out for the one you're on about.

As for Mick the Rawmarsh know-it-all he gets stick from quite a few quarters.

To be fair to Mick he does make some good points and tends to be a counter to all the usual hysteria.

I enjoy listening to Rawmarsh Mick tbh. Even though I'm a Blade. I think he is a very fair-minded chap who tells it how he sees it. No problem with that lad at all and credit to him for being such a good ambassador for his club.

He does get a bit wound-up and angry at times - and that's when he loses credibility. There's passion - and there's anger. One brings admiration the other brings condemnation - he'd do well to consider that.

But I find him refreshingly honest and down to earth and have a lot of respect for the lad - and no, I don't know him at all. I just like plain speaking honest people who have passion.

Ian The Blade, (tha knows, I'm not bothered abaht Wednesday, they're nowt to me) has made another World shattering appearance on 'Football Heaven'.

''Nah I'm not bothered abaht Wednesday, but before I talk abaht my team t'Blades, I just wanna talk abaht Wednesday''.

He did do for about 3 minutes and Gids tried to stop him embarrassing himself, but he was too obsessed to listen.

We all expect Brian The Blade to be controversial, and change his team formations and players with every breath, and I like to listen to 2-1 Ken, and Mick The Rawmarsh Owl, but strewth! Ian has to be the biggest arrogant idiot that RS has ever had the misfortune to entertain.

He said 10 times that Wednesday are obsessed with United, whilst talking about Wednesday for 99% of his call.

What a Teacake!

we dont have to worry about which wednesday turn up, we only have one now LOL

Yep, true, but I searched for posts about Ian the Turkey and this thread popped up.

Some of our second string/back up lads have done well, which I found a very pleasant outcome.

Mattias looks quick (and dare I say it, fit?)

Big Dave continues to give his all, and has more qualities than some give him credit for.

The young 'uns haven't looked out of place and haven't lost for 'ages' :hihi: