Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Yeah agree was at the meeting looks like a done deal to me. The 2 councilors where like Muppets never had any input. Don't think they realise what it will be like 40000 people getting to Hillsborough and the parking problems it will cause for the residents.

i think the councillors will be very aware of the issues as they live in the area also there is a football team that brings in nearly 25000 every other week and nearly 30000 on big occasions if anything it will be easier as the crowds wont all descend and leave at the same time.

regarding traffic i would lthink more people would use public transport as most will want a drink or two it doesnt seem to be an issue in town/ponderosa in the past

Guest makapaka
Yeah agree was at the meeting looks like a done deal to me. The 2 councilors where like Muppets never had any input. Don't think they realise what it will be like 40000 people getting to Hillsborough and the parking problems it will cause for the residents.

Anybody travelling there has as much right to park there as the residents.

c. 25000+ people travel to hillsborough every other week without issue.

It's just moaning nimbyism.

Have to agree with all this. How many people actually drive to Tramlines? Everyone I know who goes (which I appreciate is anecdotal evidence) uses public transport and/or taxis. As for the part about the difficulties of getting thousands of people to Hillsborough, that is just laughable...what sort of thought process is going on to actually type that down and expect people to take it seriously.

Have to agree with all this. How many people actually drive to Tramlines? Everyone I know who goes (which I appreciate is anecdotal evidence) uses public transport and/or taxis.

I AirBNB in the area occasionally and there's never any parking during Tramlines.

Anyone who drives during Tramlines is either teetotal or drink driving.

Ge the tram and have a beer

forty thousand is a huge amount of people,many over the the drink drive limit,a park that's used for many other events swfc 20 plus thousand,2x funfairs,a circus and other events,plus swfc football matchs add that to traffic ,a rainy summer,parking,transport issues,noise,and drugs that are often taken at music events,i think its madness to say the least,why not use the bowl at s9 that's what is was made for,or why not meersbrook park or if you want to travel graves park.

Guest makapaka
forty thousand is a huge amount of people,many over the the drink drive limit,a park that's used for many other events swfc 20 plus thousand,2x funfairs,a circus and other events,plus swfc football matchs add that to traffic ,a rainy summer,parking,transport issues,noise,and drugs that are often taken at music events,i think its madness to say the least,why not use the bowl at s9 that's what is was made for,or why not meersbrook park or if you want to travel graves park.

None of this makes any sense.

All those events don't occur at the same time do they?

Rainy summers???? Drugs!!!!

Stop moaning about nothing.

Haven't you just put an advert up elsewhere on the forum for a pyrotechnic event in greenhill?

Edited by makapaka

None of this makes any sense.

All those events don't occur at the same time do they?

Rainy summers???? Drugs!!!!

Stop moaning about nothing.

Haven't you just put an advert up elsewhere on the forum for a pyrotechnic event in greenhill?

A handful of people should not be able to have the deciding vote on an event for thousands of people.

Its time that we stop pandering to the minority in this country. A handful of nimbys always seem to ruin it for everyone else.

As you are an Organiser of the Lowedges Festival, the above sounds a wee bit green eyed, maybe you should raise those points with the police, organisers and council?

With that level of criticism of the festival goers, how do you cope organising such events?

Small pockets of disruption happen all the time, with or without anything special happening, it's called life it works itself out.

if, buts and maybes, just isn't a realist argument against it being in Hillsborough.

Edited by steve68

Meersbrook park?! Ever been? It's a massive hill! Couldn't even have a game of five a side football there!

Love this post - 'many over the drink drive limit' 'drugs' 'a rainy summer' 'MADNESS' - come off it!

Absolute hysteria. How about attending an event, and seeing what it's like? It's not the inner circle of hell you believe it is. And it might not even be a 'rainy summer'!

Anyway- it's happening by the looks of it. Good for the area, good for the park, good for people to use a park they might not otherwise visit, good for local traders - heck, even good for local people that don't seem to exist in a world of fear. I'd love it if I lived near Hillsborough park- I'd take the opportunity to have a good weekend, right on my doorstep.

I honestly think some people want Sheffield to be a ghost town, devoid of all culture or anything that might make people that don't live here, you know, want to visit.

its just too many events in one area,it saturates the area and the land,trust me it will be a disaster,to far from the other parts of the same event,too far from rail links,and if its a wet summer the land wont stand event after event on the same area,titanic comes to mind with this idea.nothing wrong with tramlines just it needs to be central to the city

western park might be good if theres a space/area for it.or Norfolk park.

its just too many events in one area,it saturates the area and the land,trust me it will be a disaster,to far from the other parts of the same event,too far from rail links,and if its a wet summer the land wont stand event after event on the same area,titanic comes to mind with this idea.nothing wrong with tramlines just it needs to be central to the city

western park might be good if theres a space/area for it.or Norfolk park.

The Titanic comes to mind? Why?!

Western Park?! Have you actually visited these parks? We're talking about a major even here- not a couple of tents and an ice cream van!

I don't think I will trust you that it will be a disaster. You seem terrified the event will bring drink driving, drugs, and.....icebergs!