What's Happening To The Pheasant?

The Pheasant at Lane Top? It's been empty for ages now... Does anyone know what's happening to it... And does anyone know it's value?

I'd appreciate it if this doesn't go down the route of the previous discussions about the pub when it was rumoured to be changing to a Mosque..

That's all gone now and I'm not interested in rekindling that debate..

There was a rumour that fast food chain was going to buy it but the other takeaways objected.

Anyone no if it as been sold yet as I have been past and the for sale has come down and all the fencing has gone

Sadly there is an application pending to demolish the building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=NO8NM9NY0JI00

There is also an application that has been granted to create two separate units for takeaway/restaurant out of the old building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=N0IQRDNY0KO00

So I suppose we still don't know

Sadly there is an application pending to demolish the building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=NO8NM9NY0JI00

There is also an application that has been granted to create two separate units for takeaway/restaurant out of the old building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=N0IQRDNY0KO00

So I suppose we still don't know

I'm not sure why you think this is sad. It's a scruffy old building of no architectural merit on a prime site.

The Pheasant at Lane Top? It's been empty for ages now... Does anyone know what's happening to it... And does anyone know it's value?

I'd appreciate it if this doesn't go down the route of the previous discussions about the pub when it was rumoured to be changing to a Mosque..

That's all gone now and I'm not interested in rekindling that debate..

Myself and a group of like minded friends have put in a new offer to buy the premises. It would be silly of me to disclose what we intend to use the premises for at this stage, as we might alert rival businesses to join in the bidding.

So far we have put forward three unsuccessful offers. Fingers and toes crossed, our latest offer could be successful. Will keep you posted.

It's sad because that area has lost all of it's local pubs , it still has the Lane Top club , but it has lost the Pheasant , Horse Shoe , Sicey Hotel , Huntsman etc. Apart from the Pheasant all the others have been replaced with apartments . Sadly there'll be more to follow , as Bob said " The times they are a changing " , the supermarkets are winning.

It's sad because that area has lost all of it's local pubs , it still has the Lane Top club , but it has lost the Pheasant , Horse Shoe , Sicey Hotel , Huntsman etc. Apart from the Pheasant all the others have been replaced with apartments . Sadly there'll be more to follow , as Bob said " The times they are a changing " , the supermarkets are winning.

It is sad about the pubs BIGLIL, but let's be honest - in the end, they were only places to meet up for a drug deal or a pint and a punch up.

What we have planned for the Pheasant is safe, is in demand, is perfectly legal - yet cannot be undertaken by the supermarkets due to health and safety laws.

A place of worship as per previous rumours then

A place of worship as per previous rumours then

No, no, no - not at all, waddy. What we are proposing to use the building for has nothing to do with religion.

No, no, no - not at all, waddy. What we are proposing to use the building for has nothing to do with religion.

Go on then, give us a clue