Sheffield Forum
Your message here

2017/18 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Property & Housing

Reply To Topic

02-02-2017, 18:52   #1
Hazeline

Total Posts: 106
I'm in need of my garden preparing for turf to be laid. The garden is about 60ft in length and 20 ft wide. Can anyone recommend someone who is reasonable and has the expertise for the job. Thx!
02-02-2017, 20:27   #2
Groose
Geek Girl

Total Posts: 11,740
As it is now past 2016. A new thread is required. As usual no advertising/self promotion.

The link to the old thread can be found Here.
10-02-2017, 20:48   #3
Mac_Plas

Total Posts: 829
Tony 07960 121387

Excellent roofer, very fairly priced and has looked after a few of our customers when problems have occurred with roofs & guttering etc.
_______
www.MAC-Plastering.com
MAC Plastering - Plastering, Approved by 6 Render manufacturers, EWI installer /Colour Acrylic/Silicone/Mono Rendering. - Chris @ 07849946223 or 0114 437 2004 Render sample panels available. NEW Magnetic plaster available. Qualified & Insured
11-02-2017, 09:50   #4
Big Blue Sky

Total Posts: 39
Thanks to Rob at Springvale Builders and Landscapes for all your help with our project.

That Genie lift for lifting RSJs is wicked!

J
12-02-2017, 13:07   #5
synthpulse

Total Posts: 156
Another positive for Sam Lovatt the plumber. Will definitely be using him for future jobs!!
_______
Thinking of a new pet?
Save a life - rescue!
There are several fantastic animal rescue centres around, please please take a look before you buy from a breeder :)
14-02-2017, 11:15   #6
BigPP

Total Posts: 2
Can recommend Adrian from Mallorn Roofing 07930865335. Excellent service.
15-02-2017, 19:38   #7
stewybill

Total Posts: 19
Hello to all.

Can anyone recommend a company to remove a Fireplace and plaster the wall.

Many thanks

Bill Stewardson.
16-02-2017, 18:17   #8
DavidV

Total Posts: 1
Sam Lovatt did a fantastic job on our bathroom at a really good price. Despite all the problems a 150 year old stone building threw at him, Sam just sorted them and even finished a day earlier than expected. I have already recommended Sam to our friends. Info@ddps.biz
16-02-2017, 19:02   #9
Jimmaker

Total Posts: 1
I would like to highly recommend Whitecliffe's for any building work you need doing. We recently got in contact with Eric from Whitecliffes as we wanted to remove part of a structural wall in order to open up our kitchen and dining room. Eric made everything easy from start to finish. Good communication and very knowledgable putting us at ease. All his team were very friendly and accommodating, even fixing a door we hadn't asked them too because they noticed it was broken. Everything was tidied up and all rubbish was cleared. We were so pleased to have found a good, reliable and competitively priced builder that we have just had all our windows replaced by them too. We had a previous bad experience with a large window company and are so glad we didn't go with one again. All windows are of high quality and the fitting is excellent and properly plastered on the inside rather than upvc trims. Martin also cleared our gutters for us while he was up the ladder.

I don't usually leave reviews, but have just joined the forum to do so as we were so impressed with their work.

Jim
17-02-2017, 14:41   #10
jordan2

Total Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidV View Post
Sam Lovatt did a fantastic job on our bathroom at a really good price. Despite all the problems a 150 year old stone building threw at him, Sam just sorted them and even finished a day earlier than expected. I have already recommended Sam to our friends. Info@ddps.biz
It's the third time that Sam helped me, who this time fixed a leak of a failed rubber seal at the waste pipe joints, coming on the day of call.
Again, very reasonable price, polite, clean throughout.

Very much appreciated.
18-02-2017, 14:58   #11
sticky viky

Total Posts: 3
Hi I'm not sure if I'm placing this in the right place but I'm wanting an electrician to have a look at my cooker when using the oven it trips when heating up. We have only lived here for just 6 months and the cooker was in the house when we moved in so we don't want to spend a lot. Any recommendations or cheap call out fees just to look at it to see if it's worth repairing . Thanks
18-02-2017, 16:28   #12
AnthonyTapp

Total Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky viky View Post
Hi I'm not sure if I'm placing this in the right place but I'm wanting an electrician to have a look at my cooker when using the oven it trips when heating up. We have only lived here for just 6 months and the cooker was in the house when we moved in so we don't want to spend a lot. Any recommendations or cheap call out fees just to look at it to see if it's worth repairing . Thanks
Try Sparky Sam he's on here I used to have his number but can't find it now
_______
5 yr Time served Joiner with a small builder
kitchen fitter/bathroom fitter, hanging doors ,general joinery work and much more undertaken
No Job to small for a quote please call me on 07763666079 to arrange for me to come quote
18-02-2017, 19:05   #13
Chope

Total Posts: 2
Based on recommendations on the forum, Jeff Smith (joiner) just boxed in our pipes from our new boiler. He was friendly and honest, and gave us different options for the job. We were really happy with the high standard of work and reasonable cost. We'll definitely be using him for other joinery work, he offers a really wide range of services. Thanks Jeff (and for putting up with our crazy dogs!)
19-02-2017, 23:48   #14
kymama

Total Posts: 90
Have recently got Lee at JNM Roofing to help with garden wall rebuilding /repointing. Absolutely good work and efficient at a reasonable price. They also cleaned up nicely after their work. Thanks, Lee.
My neighbour has already asked me for his number to get a quote. I would have no hesitation to recommend them.
20-02-2017, 18:55   #15
Richard6528

Total Posts: 12
I am happy to recommend Jeff Smith, who has done another excellent job for me, altering the floor level in my dining room. He's a very tidy, efficient person and is good at communicating about the job and his time

Jeff smith Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given
22-02-2017, 08:13   #16
honk

Total Posts: 54
Would strongly recommended Martin Halifax, self-employed builder, managed and renovated my old house to an excellent standard. Does work for one of the most reputable and long-standing renovators in Sheffield, Whitecliffes whod Id also recommend. Highly recommended Contact me if you need a reference.

Last edited by honk; 26-02-2017 at 11:34. Reason: Mobile pone
24-02-2017, 21:47   #17
RJRB

Total Posts: 1,436
Flat roof repair over a porch and bay window.
Very happy to recommend Lee Spencer of JNM Roofing who turned up promptly to discuss and quote for recovering in Firestone rubber,and completed what was required within a week of quoting.
They are based in Barnsley and seem to cover Rotherham,Doncaster etc rather than just the Sheffield area.
25-02-2017, 07:58   #18
MonkeyLover

Total Posts: 4,428
Hi,
I'm looking for someone to remove a sky dish and all the cables connected to it. We are in Gleadless S12.
Any recommendations please?
_______
Monkey Mad!
25-02-2017, 10:07   #19
hotrock

Total Posts: 1,510
Outstanding, Stairs, Landing and Hallway walls painted and woodwork/doors glossed, all walls had a minimum of 2 coats, and all woodwork had 2 coats of primer and a coat of gloss. the walls and woodwork started off as a council bodge job, however Michael made them look like a new build with a fantastic finish, Michael was always prompt and polite, and we will be arranging a booking for other rooms to be madeover, Cheers
M, Mitchell Painters & Decorators 0114 2454383

http://mmitchelldecorators.co.uk/

---------- Post added 25-02-2017 at 15:16 ----------

Fantastic job changing over a couple of old internal light fittings to LED, Brilliant price, nice friendly and polite, so good we have booked Bradley to replace and upgrade all our external lighting to LED, Cheers.
BP Electrical Services, 07845421248
https://www.facebook.com/bpelectrics/?fref=ts

Last edited by hotrock; 25-02-2017 at 15:18.
27-02-2017, 12:05   #20
bassguitar

Total Posts: 43
Can anyone recommend anyone who can repair an integrated fridge freezer in a Sheffield city centre apartment. I've looked at previous threads but there is nothing recent , only rather old posts.
Thanks
Reply To Topic