Knife attacks in Sheffield 2018

Well unfortunately there has been another stabbing and this time in a very busy public place of the Centertainment and outside of the cinema.

Yes we have all said that they are probably targeted but frightening now happening in such a busy place.

Rip to the person.

Confirmed on the news and very very sadly the victim has passed away :(

It's about time for a new offence is created.

Carrying a knife should equate to "Going equipped to maim or murder".

Give it a minimum 5 year to life sentence. No early release and no suspended sentence.

But we won't do that because the justice system too soft.

Give it a minimum 5 year to life sentence. No early release and no suspended sentence.

I thought there was allready supposed to be a minimum of 5 years for carrying a knife in public without good reason

Anyone driving a car is equiped to murder or commit terrorism.

I carry a knife when I go camping. It could save a life.

I thought there was allready supposed to be a minimum of 5 years for carrying a knife in public without good reason

Didn't Cameron say that they would introduce mandatory sentences for carrying a knife? Seems it is another forgotten politicians promise, anyone caught with a knife should be sent down. Unfortunately there are not enough police to catch them, or prison cells to put them in.

Guest makapaka

This is what happens under a government that continues to cut services and also makes people poorer.

Well it has to be a folding knife of less than 3" (7.62 cm) or less.

Possession of a multi-tool incorporating a prohibited blade/pointed article is capable of being an offence under this section even if there are other tools on the instrument which may be of use to a person in a public place (screwdriver, can opener).

The ban is not total, it is for the person in possession of such an instrument to prove on the balance of probabilities that he/she had good reason for its possession. It will have to be genuine, for example, someone back packing across the Lake District may reasonably be expected to have a knife for the preparation of meals. It will be far more difficult to justify on the streets of a city or town, but there will be occasions when someone is genuinely going to a martial arts sport or scout meeting (which is easily checked).

The penalty for committing this offence is a maximum prison sentence of four years.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q337.htm

Bloody hell.

Stabbed to death outside the cinema?

That's crazy.

RiP.

Well it has to be a folding knife of less than 3" (7.62 cm) or less.

Possession of a multi-tool incorporating a prohibited blade/pointed article is capable of being an offence under this section even if there are other tools on the instrument which may be of use to a person in a public place (screwdriver, can opener).

The ban is not total, it is for the person in possession of such an instrument to prove on the balance of probabilities that he/she had good reason for its possession. It will have to be genuine, for example, someone back packing across the Lake District may reasonably be expected to have a knife for the preparation of meals. It will be far more difficult to justify on the streets of a city or town, but there will be occasions when someone is genuinely going to a martial arts sport or scout meeting (which is easily checked).

The penalty for committing this offence is a maximum prison sentence of four years.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q337.htm

Bits do seem a bit vague in places but I think anyone walking about Sheffield, carrying a big knife would have trouble explaining it to SY Police that they needed it to skin a rabbit for tea.

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

This is what happens under a government that continues to cut services and also makes people poorer.

So the government started cutting first and blame this knife carrying behaviour and stabbing on some poor people?

It is always the same story.

There's a bit of difference in carrying a knife while camping in the middle of the peak district or whatever to carrying a knife at a public public place such as town or centertainment. There should be absolutely no reason what so ever to carry a knife unless you're camping or taking part in a sport such as fishing. Even then, as started should be flip knives and under 3 inches.