Wednesday in Embargo since April.

Chansiri said tonight.

Hardly relevant when it started. When it will end is what we need to know.

Chansiri arrived in 2014. Since 2015/2016 this is where the money has gone in transfer fees (Millions of Euros, source is Transfermarkt.com):

Forwards:

Rhodes: 11.70

Forestieri: 4.12

Hooper: 3.90

Matias: 3.10

Lucas Joao: 2.78

Winnall: 0.58

Midfielders:

McGugan: 0.43

Reach: 5.90

Abdi: 3.60

Pelupessy: 0.50

Defenders:

Van Aken: 3.00

Wiggins: 1.00

Fox: 0.82

Total outgoing transfer fees: 41,560,000

Total incoming transfer fees: 3,320,000 (Hunt this year, May and Whiggins 15/16)

Deficit: 38,240,000 (EUROS!)

There are only three of those I'd consider bad purchases:

Whiggins, straight up 740,000 loss.

Abdi: 3.6 million

Rhodes: 11.7 million

Problem is, Rhodes was a massive bad purchase, really didn't work out for us at all. If you take him out of the equation things look slightly better. BUT:

The FFP rules weren't broken on transfer fees, they were broken on wages.

Fletcher, Pudil, Westwood, Forestieri, Hooper, Rhodes, Reach, Abdi, Van Aken, Loovens, Boyd, Wallace, McGugan, Hunt, Fox and probably a handful of others I am forgetting about will all have been paid royally over 10K a week and several closer to 50K (Rhodes, Westwood, Hooper, Fletcher) that means we will have been hammering close to 20 million a year in wages.

As a result we have seen prices go up across the board, no real investment in the training and match facilities apart from a nice new scoreboard, no real talent coming through the academy and now a transfer embargo.

In other words, miss management.

Chansiri arrived in 2014. Since 2015/2016 this is where the money has gone in transfer fees (Millions of Euros, source is Transfermarkt.com):

Forwards:

Midfielders:

Defenders:

Total incoming transfer fees: 3,320,000 (Hunt this year, May and Whiggins 15/16)

Problem is, Rhodes was a massive bad purchase, really didn't work out for us at all. If you take him out of the equation things look slightly better. BUT:

Fletcher, Pudil, Westwood, Forestieri, Hooper, Rhodes, Reach, Abdi, Van Aken, Loovens, Boyd, Wallace, McGugan, Hunt, Fox and probably a handful of others I am forgetting about will all have been paid royally over 10K a week and several closer to 50K (Rhodes, Westwood, Hooper, Fletcher) that means we will have been hammering close to 20 million a year in wages.

As a result we have seen prices go up across the board, no real investment in the training and match facilities apart from a nice new scoreboard, no real talent coming through the academy and now a transfer embargo.

Interesting, spending money if not spent wisely can get you in big bother.Just because you go over the top paying big bucks means you do not always get what you think.The fees for mediocre players nowadays are stupid .Best player Wilder has signed cost nowt namely Fleck but look at Man Utd and the sum they payed for Progba (I think the spelling could be wrong)Millions for a average player in my view he is nothing special.Trouble is it is the fans who end up paying .

It's a gamble.

Overspend on players and wages in the hope you can gain promotion and gain all the cash that brings...

.. problem is, when 6 or 7 gamble big (as happened last year) and only 3 can go up, some are left in a pickle.

It's a gamble.

Overspend on players and wages in the hope you can gain promotion and gain all the cash that brings...

.. problem is, when 6 or 7 gamble big (as happened last year) and only 3 can go up, some are left in a pickle.

Correct, you can guarantee two out of the three clubs gaining promotion will have invested heavily, and more than likely the third club. Even if they are only there for a year they are allowed a loss of £61m compared to the £39m of the other clubs over three years, so are able to have another go at it for a couple of years. Yes it,s a gamble and we failed.

Forwards:

Midfielders:

Defenders:

A good post and whilst I largely agree you are a little off with the wages, no players at SWFC is on more than £35k. The academy is starting to show sparks of life too.

A good post and whilst I largely agree you are a little off with the wages, no players at SWFC is on more than £35k. The academy is starting to show sparks of life too.

Fletcher gets 30K,the Blackburn (Bowyer)manager blurted it out in a radio interview that hed offered him 28K but wed trumped their offer by 2 grand a week

Fletcher gets 30K,the Blackburn (Bowyer)manager blurted it out in a radio interview that hed offered him 28K but wed trumped their offer by 2 grand a week

I think it was the 4 year contract that attracted Fletcher.

Well.... the rumours have been long ongoing that you were under a transfer embarago.

Some claimed that the rumours were way off.

It's a poor situation to see and I don't blame Chansiri.

He listens to the fans, his advisors and between them all some very bad decisions have been made.

His intentions have clearly been good, however he doesn't know how to talk to people.

Reading some of the comments he made last night, he just wants to push the blame everywhere else.

We will see what happens, but if you can get a fully fit team going, you'll still do well this year.

I think it was the 4 year contract that attracted Fletcher.

Well.... the rumours have been long ongoing that you were under a transfer embarago.

Some claimed that the rumours were way off.

It's a poor situation to see and I don't blame Chansiri.

He listens to the fans, his advisors and between them all some very bad decisions have been made.

His intentions have clearly been good, however he doesn't know how to talk to people.

Reading some of the comments he made last night, he just wants to push the blame everywhere else.

We will see what happens, but if you can get a fully fit team going, you'll still do well this year.

Heard it was 3 yrs with an option....

Yeah it was a pretty sobering forum,more or less what I expected,a virgin football owner mugged by a manager he trusted and believed in,next season could be interesting.

Can see a change of ownership looming as a way around FFP and quite a few departures over next spring/summer,start with Van Aken for me

Heard it was 3 yrs with an option....

You're probably right, just thought I had remembered seeing it was 4 years straight, but my memory is going haha.

Anyway, what's this about the 4xl shirts not fitting properly? :hihi: