Life expectancy now going down.

Life expectancy is now going down in large parts of the UK for the first time ever.

So now we're not all living longer, can we retire earlier please?

Life expectancy is now going down in large parts of the UK for the first time ever.

There seems to be some doubt about the cause; you would think the number crunchers would have it worked out.

Sure you can, then you can get to that expensive care home even faster .:D

Source?

This seems to be a habit Anna.

If you are going to try and start a debate with such a sensationalist headline at last provide some figures so people can see what you are on about.

Source?

This seems to be a habit Anna.

If you are going to try and start a debate with such a sensationalist headline at last provide some figures so people can see what you are on about.

To be fair, you demanded a source last night and were rewarded with multiple ones.

Google is available to everyone you know. Even to sceptics, and rude people.

To be fair, you demanded a source last night and were rewarded with multiple ones.

Google is available to everyone you know. Even to skeptics, and rude people.

:hihi::thumbsup:

Thank you Tinfoilhat.

To the other more unnecessary comments. If you choose to bring up a subject for discussion why do you think its fine to say, google it yourself.

YOU start the debate. YOU provide the evidence.

Thank you Tinfoilhat.

To the other more unnecessary comments. If you choose to bring up a subject for discussion why do you think its fine to say, google it yourself.

YOU start the debate. YOU provide the evidence.

I didn’t start the debate.

The evidence is in the public domain though, and an intelligent person would have no problem finding it and analysing it.

Nothing unnecessary about my comment. Take a look in the mirror instead.

Having read through it seems like all statistics its about how one chooses to interpret them.

Its certainly not as back and white as made out.

There are some contradictions with the report seeming to say that progress has slowed and ground to a halt but then states it is expected to increase again next year.

Add on the huge range of what's causing it, dependant on what side of the political fence you are on and I think the real conclusion to be took from this is "....I dont know..."

Dont think I am going to be applying for my early retirement and cashing in for the yacht just yet.

I didn’t start the debate.

The evidence is in the public domain though, and an intelligent person would have no problem finding it and analysing it.

Nothing unnecessary about my comment. Take a look in the mirror instead.

The track record of posters is such that they make comments you find the source that actually says the opposite of what they claim and then they say no that's not what I meant Google it.

Most savvy posters on here will therefore require people to provide a curation so you don't have to waste time looking for stuff that in fact doesn't exist. In any debate the onus is on the proposer of a motion to provide the evidence. It's not on the rest of the debaters to Google it.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 07:35 ----------

Life expectancy progress in UK 'stops for first time' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45638646

Which is a new defition of backwards. Stationary now equals backwards. Curious

I wondered when I read the title, as I'd heard on the radio it had stopped increasing. Not quite the same.