Chapeltown Railway Station

Went for £395,000

That doesn't surprise me.

£250K was a very low guide price and I've gone past it a couple of times in the past week and there's always been a stack of cars parked up the drive, presumably for viewings.

I'm guessing the plan is to bulldoze it and stick an estate on the land?

I'm guessing the plan is to bulldoze it and stick an estate on the land?

i dont think so, i was at the auction and it was bought by a well dressed black guy dreadlocked , very smart, maybe a music producer ?? the bidding was frantic between him and another guy, i am guessing a lovely private residence with a studio? hope so. even spending another £200k on it will be worth 3/4 mil.

This was posted on facebook by the seller Andy Blatch yesterday.

"In case you were wondering Chapeltown Central Station which my family were selling went to auction today and sold for £395,000 which was £145,000 over the guide price.

The new owners are looking at restoring to use as a wedding venue so watch this space"

I do hope that is the case. It would be a great shame to see it flattened.

There was one like that that used to be a part of a salvage yard in killamarsh. It closed down, the site was sold and levelled and left. Still left doing nowt - and I hope who ever bought it is losing money on it.

Walk past there regularly. Unfortunately what was left was set on fire. Only thing I could see worth saving were some cast supports.

i dont think so, i was at the auction and it was bought by a well dressed black guy dreadlocked , very smart, maybe a music producer ?? the bidding was frantic between him and another guy, i am guessing a lovely private residence with a studio? hope so. even spending another £200k on it will be worth 3/4 mil.

Maybe a surgeon? Maybe a lawyer?:huh: