Chromebook issues - advice please?

I've had my Chromebook for several years and am very happy with it, however, in recent months a problem seems to have developed. Very often these days if I attempt to watch any video content, the resolution seems compromised and I get heavily pixellated images.

I'm not knowledgable about such matters, which is why I'm asking you guys, but I'm guessing it's down to a lack of space somehow?

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated, thankyou.

I've had my Chromebook for several years and am very happy with it, however, in recent months a problem seems to have developed. Very often these days if I attempt to watch any video content, the resolution seems compromised and I get heavily pixellated images.

I'm not knowledgable about such matters, which is why I'm asking you guys, but I'm guessing it's down to a lack of space somehow?

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated, thankyou.

Are you watching content from the chromebooks internal memory, a separate memory stick or streaming from the internet?

In 90 %, factory reset will solve the issue with chromebook device

Are you watching content from the chromebooks internal memory, a separate memory stick or streaming from the internet?

Streaming from the internet.

Could be down to slow broadband then?

Sites like Netflix automatically change the video quality based on your broadband speed.

Streaming from the internet.

Might be worth checking your download speed. This is an excellent one

http://www.speedtest.net/

Do it 2 or 3 times to see what variance there is. Also check if anyone else in the house is using the internet.

If you are using a wifi router the quality of the signal will also have an effect so try the test both on wifi and connected directly to the router