Coppen Estates. . . .Sheffield

Has anyone ever purchased or been offered the right of 1st refusal on their freehold before Pas property services or Coppen estates bought it?

Has anyone ever purchased or been offered the right of 1st refusal on their freehold before Pas property services or Coppen estates bought it?

There is no such right for houses- only for flats.

Has anyone managed to successfully purchased the free hold from Coppen Estates in Sheffield for their house.

Im currently trying to purchase a property with a 77 year lease reaming. And Coppen Estates are the lease holders.

My Solictor has been trying to purchase the freehold from coppen but its been 6 months and nothing seems to be happening.

We really like the house and would like to buy it, but would like this issue sorting out.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Billy-Jean

Who's your solicitor and (no offence) but are they experianced in what they're doing.

You might want to seek advice from Jeffrey (also a solicitor), I believe he's had dealings with Coppen and knows the procedure for dealing with them.

I have been told from other Solictor that you should serve Coppen Estates a notice, but my Solictor said she doesn’t want to upset coppen and does not want to go down this route.

From what we've heard on this forum unless served with the notice to force them they will simply ignore you and your solicitor.

I have been told from other Solictor that you should serve Coppen Estates a notice, but my Solictor said she doesn’t want to upset coppen and does not want to go down this route.

Tell your solicitor to do her job properly. Or take your trade elsewhere.

I’m in the process of buying my freehold reversion from Coppen. They are tough to deal with, but my solicitor is up to the job. If you message me, I’ll send his details.

If anyone in Sheffield deserves upsetting, it is Coppen Estates.

Tell your solicitor to do her job properly. Or take your trade elsewhere.

I’m in the process of buying my freehold reversion from Coppen. They are tough to deal with, but my solicitor is up to the job. If you message me, I’ll send his details.

If anyone in Sheffield deserves upsetting, it is Coppen Estates.

Yes please can you send me your Solictors details thank you

Yes please can you send me your Solictors details thank you

Done.

All the best

You can’t apply to buy the freehold till you have lived in the place for two years as far as I am aware so it’s up to the person selling it to apply to buy it before selling it to you otherwise you will have to wait two years after buying it to apply yourself.

With the length of the lease remaining being under 80 years I’m sure something called a freehold marriage value will apply= https://www.lease-advice.org/faq/marriage-value/

I would Walk away unless the vendor is prepared to buy the freehold before selling it to you.

Yes i am aware that you have to have owned the property for 2 years before you can apply for the freehold yourself. The vendor is trying to get the property freehold and his Solicotor has started the process with Coppen Estates 6 months ago. But no progress has been made. I have advised her to serve notice to coppen but she refuses and says that she doesn’t want to go down this route because it will upset them. We really like the house and don’t want to walk way from buying the house.

Is it the vendor or the solicitor who doesn't want to "upset them"? They're a big faceless company, they don't get 'upset'... And she's selling the house so why would she care?