Mass brawl at Sheffield School

Heard on the news that there was a lot of trouble at Fir Vale School, and it had to close early.

Things must be really bad, and considering most schools have only been back a few weeks since the summer holidays, it’s a poor sign for the future.

Considering recent events with numerous stabbings in Sheffield I think it was a perfectly reasonable response from SYP.

They handled it well. Well done SYP.

Edited by Daven

A bit OTT from the plod for a school punch up.

Did you read the Star article?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/live-updates-as-fir-vale-school-closes-after-major-police-incident-1-9366128

"Scores of local residents are gathered outside, with claims that students were involved in a brawl and a gun and knife were seen."

Do they let anyone use the internet these days? What a stupid response.

Knives and a gun seen. A mass disturbance at a school. I think that justifies a robust police response.

And doubtless if a child or adult were seriously injured you'd be slagging them off for not getting there sooner.

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 18:33 ----------

Do they let anyone use the internet these days? .

Sadly, yes.

We used to have mass brawls when I was a kid, Herries school, Chaucer, Longley and Hinde House used to have regular dust ups, some of the meets in Longley Park were huge, its nothing new.

LOL

In my day all the local schools were fighting each other, beaver hill vs brook, beaver hill vs city, and also the local areas (woodhouse / darnall vs handsworth, woodhouse / darnall vs pitsmoor, woodhouse / darnall vs aston) i seem to remember.

I got shot at with a flare gun during the Darnall vs pitsmoor one on darnall top, also i know knives were carried by some, but rarely used

LOL

In my day all the local schools were fighting each other, beaver hill vs brook, beaver hill vs city, and also the local areas (woodhouse / darnall vs handsworth, woodhouse / darnall vs pitsmoor, woodhouse / darnall vs aston) i seem to remember.

I got shot at with a flare gun during the Darnall vs pitsmoor one on darnall top, also i know knives were carried by some, but rarely used

Definitely Mel, I remember lads and even lasses carrying them.

Yes they did but times have changed.

Gone are the days of a good old punchup between kids using their fists - today knives and guns are involved and it seems that the kids aren't afraid to use them going on recent events in Sheffield.

To state that the police over reacted to this incident demonstrates a total lack of understanding of the world in 2018 - sad as it is.

Definitely Mel, I remember lads and even lasses carrying them.

I remember one mate got hold of some rifle cartridges (nicked them off his dad) which we dropped the heavy concrete benches on to try to make them fire across the playground. No, I don't know what we were thinking either. Another kid spent a lot of time outside of school trying to make a functioning bomb, just for fun. Although neither of these things were done in anger against anyone else. It is very worrying if kids are taking knives and even guns into a school, although I would take any kid's claim that a gun was seen with a good degree of skepticism without further evidence, they do tend to exaggerate.