Macs Vacs - Firth Park Rd, 1950s

Hi,

Thanks for allowing me to join.

I'm trying to find out about an electricals/TV/radio etc shop or repairer, that was situated at 445 Firth Park Road, overlooking the roundabout with the B5086. It was called Macs Vacs, or Mac's Vacs. I know they were there c1953/4, how long they ran their business from this address I don't know.

I'd be interested to know if any photos survive of the premises as it was then, the owners/employees, the vehicles they used etc (there's now a tanning salon at this location according to Google). Also any print advertisements, say from a local paper, would also be interesting to see, if any survive.

Thanks for your help

Richard.

I was born in 1947 the shop you are referring to in my memory was called Barron's electrical,not sure of spelling . Next door was mortimores army store once again not sure of spelling . Can't remember name you are asking about ,sorry but I am sure someone will.