To all waiters and bartenders

Please stop saying "guys" at the end of every sentence. The managers who are telling you to say this are idiots and needs to be stopped. If you decided to do it yourself, you are an idiot.

A nice smile will do fine as punctuation, or if you really do have to say something then "Sir" is OK, but I am not "guys" and neither am I "mate".

Tips have been duly docked and will be again. JUST STOP IT.

That feels better.

My issue with service staff, is when they ask me if everything is okay with my meal a second after I have just stuffed a load of food into my mouth.

My gripe is if a meal is unsatisfactory and I leave it they only offer you a free desert never ask if you'd like a refund

My issue with service staff, is when they ask me if everything is okay with my meal a second after I have just stuffed a load of food into my mouth.

. . .or before you have eaten any of it.

It my belief that they don't care either way. But think that natural good manners will snooker any subsequent complaint.

My reply is always a grumpy - "so good, so far."

I have said for a long time that this is a "most important" part of staff training.

stop coming over when you have just put food in your mouth to ask is everything alright with your meal

My friends and I were addressed as Guys when we were out lunching recently. We were three women.

stop coming over when you have just put food in your mouth to ask is everything alright with your meal

Just give him/her a gob full:bigsmile:

I have no problems with bartenders and waiters in Sheffield.

If they didn't say anything, some would still complain. Dealing with the public is very difficult, you can't please everyone....or should that be anyone :hihi:

My friends and I were addressed as Guys when we were out lunching recently. We were three women.

A case of gender-fluid confusion?