Weird ruling on ESA

Just wondering if anyone has heard of the following :

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I started to get my works pension and even though I told DWP and I was told it would not effect my ESA, about 6 months later after getting the pension I was told it would effect my ESA because I get Income Related.

When I applied for a Budgeting Loan all though I've had one in the pass when I've been on Income Related ESA, this was turned down.

The reason they said was, I were not on Income Related ESA ...... How can there bend the rules like this when it suits them,how can the DWP contradict them self's like this and get away with it.

It seems I'm on it so there can have money off me, but not on it when I want money off them ..... Even on the web site it states if you get Income Related ESA you are eligible for a Budgeting Loan, http://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/eligibility and as I said early I've had one before in the pass while on this.

Weird I know, thanks Bob

Edited by HandyBob

2. Check if you're eligible

To get a Budgeting Loan you must have been getting one of these benefits for the past 6 months:

Income Support

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Pension Credit

You can’t get a Budgeting Loan if:

you’re involved in industrial action (for example, a strike, walkout or lockout)

you owe more than £1,500 in total for Crisis Loans and Budgeting Loans

https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/eligibility

You can’t get a Budgeting Loan if you get Universal Credit. Apply for a Budgeting Advance instead.

Advance and hardship payments

If you don’t have enough to live on while you wait for your first payment you can ask for an advance payment at your Universal Credit interview or by calling the helpline after you’ve made a claim.

You can also ask for a hardship payment if you can’t pay for rent, heating, food or hygiene needs because you got a sanction.

You need to pay it back through your Universal Credit payments - they’ll be lower until you pay it back.

If the budgeting loan people tell you that you're not on IR ESA I'd ask them what they think that you're on instead, then I'd ask for confirmation in writing of your benefit so that you can present that to prove which way or the other, as it simply is not fair that you get affected adversely in both directions. One or other decision must be wrong and it's worth you pursuing it now to avoid it coming up as a long lasting nightmare later on when it's discovered by them.