R.I.P DikMik (Hawkwind)

@HawkwindHQ

14m14 minutes ago

We are very sad to let you know that our old friend & band mate DikMik, passed away early this morning. He will be loved & remembered for his innovative contributions not only to Hawkwind, but to a whole musical genre of which he was an important pioneer

Dave Brock...."I remember when DikMik joined the band, he bought himself an audio generator from Tottenham Court Road, got himself a Watkins Copycat echo unit, a fold up card table, (complete with green baize), and became one of the innovators of electronic music!

It was on DikMik's suggestion, and later persistence, that we got Lemmy to join the band and you know the rest!

Goodbye old chap your legend lives on"

DikMik (audio generator, keyboards and synths). An integral part of the original Hawkwind sound.

Bob Calvert, Lemmy and DikMik gone from the 1971 line up now

Which is what im listening to

Quality of recording not brilliant, but, for those who saw their live performances at this time, it matters not.

Sad to hear this news. He played on the classic Space Ritual album which is still one of my favourite listens after 40-odd years.