BBC1 Drama. Gunpowder

In this 15th century period drama a ref to Moby Dick was mentioned. Surely a mistake over looked by the script writers didn't the story emerge from the Whale Hunters in the 17century and put on paper by Melville.:huh:

The Gunpowder plot was in 1605 so 17th century not 15th.

No idea about Moby Dick though, you could be right about that.

Saw the first episode a bit gruesome I must say.

The Gunpowder plot was in 1605 so 17th century not 15th.

No idea about Moby Dick though, you could be right about that.

Stand corrected. Still to early to have quoted Moby Dick

In this 15th century period drama a ref to Moby Dick was mentioned. Surely a mistake over looked by the script writers didn't the story emerge from the Whale Hunters in the 17century and put on paper by Melville.:huh:

where Moby got his name, hes related to Melville ;)

I've just watched episode 2 and didn't spot the Moby Dick reference, maybe I wasn't paying attention or you misheard. Yep it's gruesome alright! They were gruesome times, it seems pretty realistic.

Only seen the first episode, but don't know what all the fuss is about with the 'gore'. I thought it was tastefully shot with just the right amount of brutal...

As has been said - they were brutal times! Watering things down for modern mentalities won't help anyone.

I've just watched episode 2 and didn't spot the Moby Dick reference, maybe I wasn't paying attention or you misheard. Yep it's gruesome alright! They were gruesome times, it seems pretty realistic.

I spotted it on the recap of the first episode just before the second episode starts. (On BBC I Player)

I saw Episode 1 and I thought overall it was good only problem was I found it especially at the start very quite and hard to hear what they were saying ... I did actually put subtitles on when I turned it up the background noise was too much and the voices wern't clear but other than that I am looking forward to catching up with pt 2 :)

All 3 episodes are available on iplayer if you can't wait until Saturday to see how it ends. Do they blow up Parliament and the royal family? I won't give it away.

I saw Episode 1 and I thought overall it was good only problem was I found it especially at the start very quite and hard to hear what they were saying ... I did actually put subtitles on when I turned it up the background noise was too much and the voices wern't clear but other than that I am looking forward to catching up with pt 2 :)

I'm glad somebody else thought that, I'd been looking forward to seeing it having seen the previews. But we switched off after about ten minutes because of the background noise making it hard work to listen to.

It was the same with Ripper Street, enjoyed it at first but the mumbling from some of the actors spoiled it for us.

Probably because we're getting on a bit, background music and general noise spoil quite a few programmes.

I'm glad somebody else thought that, I'd been looking forward to seeing it having seen the previews. But we switched off after about ten minutes because of the background noise making it hard work to listen to.

It was the same with Ripper Street, enjoyed it at first but the mumbling from some of the actors spoiled it for us.

Probably because we're getting on a bit, background music and general noise spoil quite a few programmes.

I don't think that's entirely due to age gomgeg.

Many programmes are now like this, and it's because some ****s who think that it enhances the effect of programmes.

A lot of Attenboroughs programmes now have such deafening background musics that I don't even bother recording them anymore.

Clapping is the worst though - I think some programmers think that the louder the clapping, the more people will think how great the person coming on is. Those saturday night programmes with Ant and Dec, and Graham Norton show are easily the worst examples I've seen (though not by choice of watching, I was in house where others watching)