Abbeydale Grammar School for Girls

Have been trying to locate old friends from Abbeydale Girls Grammar School, Carter Knowle Road, Abbeydale from 1954 - 1958 for some time now. I was in Cavell House (blue) and our headmistress was the scary daunting Dr. Green. We had a good team of mates and I would like to reminisce with some of them if they are still in Sheffield. Kelsey the Butchers at Wadsley Bridge sent their girl there. She was a neighbour. I know most of them will have moved on to other cities and countries now but often wonder why I never see any mention of this school or its girls. They would remember me as Joan Turner

Thanks JB Sydney, Australia:loopy:

I joined the school about the time you left, was in NIghtingale House and also remember Dr Green. I also am intrigued why it is very difficult to find anything out about the school. Looking at this iste a lot of other schools are mentioned but not Abbeydale Girls, Abbeydale Boys or the Grange School. Can anyone answer this?

I have been trying for the past year to contact anyone who attended Abbeydale Girls Grammar School in the years 1944 to 1949. I remember Dr. Green very well, she was daunting but also willing to listen to reason. Whilst I was there three teachers left to become missionaries, I've often wondered why as I don't think we were that bad. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only old girl left on the planet. I would love to hear from anyone at all who attended the school.

I am searching for anyone who attended Abbeydale in the years 1944 to 1949. It seems strange that none of them are members of the forum, surely some of them are still alive.

my mum went there but not between those years!

one of my mates was called Stella did ?

I am searching for anyone who attended Abbeydale in the years 1944 to 1949. It seems strange that none of them are members of the forum, surely some of them are still alive.

Hi Gosling. I have seen the 1948 picture in Saturday 14 April's "Star" and was going to post the appeal. I suspect from the maiden name that you have sent it in?

My wife went to Abbeydale Grammar School from 1946 to 1951 or thereabouts.

Hi Chairboy. Yes it was I who sent in the photo and am now waiting to see if I get any results

Hello - I attended Abbeydale Grammar between 1944-49! In my last year I was in Form 5M - Miss Moore's. I remember the name Gosling but can't remember your first name. I was then Betty Wain. Do you remember me?

Hi Betty, Sorry but I don't remember your name, my name is June and I was in Miss Jean Smith's form. I would love to hear from you, maybe you could send me a private message. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many of us left of that vintage.

my mum was there, 1960 onwards. she was called Jenifer Revill.

i know one of her teachers was called Mrs/Miss Williams.