Anybody On Here From Brightside Or Hinde House School

i LIVED ON LIMPSFIELD ROAD IN THE 1960'S I REMEMBER TERRY TOMPKINS,MICHAEL HEMPSHALL,KEITH WALKER,KEITH CORTON AND A FEW OTHERS

I lived just over the other side on Wansfell Road at Grimesthorpe in the 80's, lad I went to school with lived on your road, Vollum was his surname and we went to Brightside, Limpsfield and then Hinde House, was born in 1972.

John Vollum...I remember him..he was always screwing his eyes up as he talked to you...he lived about half way up on the left hand side.he bought a house up on jenkin close

That must be the one, it was his son I went to school with, Simon. I just remember Limpsfield Road was the only cobbled street left when I was little, I presume its now been resurfaced.

I went to Hinde House from 84-88, but I lived down in Firth Park. In fact, Hinde House was my third choice school cos we moved house at the crucial time. At least it got me out of going to Earl Marshal ;)

Hi, Bobsgirl, I went to Hinde House 84-88. I did go to Earl Marshal for a short time though and hated every second of it, Hinde House was a dream compared to that. Do you remember Simon Volum?

I went to Hinde House from 1980 - 1984.

I went to Hinde House from 1980 - 1984.

I went to Hinde House 1970 - 1975.

There is a good thread on Hinde House and also Edwards the headmaster if you put them in the search engine.

I went to Hinde House 1970 - 1975.

There is a good thread on Hinde House and also Edwards the headmaster if you put them in the search engine.

Thanks, already seen the threads.:)

Hi, Bobsgirl, I went to Hinde House 84-88. I did go to Earl Marshal for a short time though and hated every second of it, Hinde House was a dream compared to that. Do you remember Simon Volum?

I know the name but can't place him. To be honest I don't recognise many of the names listed on Friends Reunited! Who was your form tutor? I was in Mr Jones's for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Year and then Mr Abrams in the 5th.

I went to Hinde House between 1977-81. Don't know any of the names mentioned - I think I must have lived in a bubble! Mind you, I grew up on Standon, not the Limpsfield/Jenkin roads area.

I was there from '73 to '77. Edwards and Batty were the big hitters. A lot of younger people ( and not all that younger) I've spoke to about school can't believe the kind of discipline there was at Hinde House in my time. The heads in full battle dress:hihi:, canings, detentions the assemblies and the hymns. Very Kes :)