SORN, Can I drive to garage for MOT repairs?

My car is on SORN because it failed its MOT. I now need to get the repairs done at the local garage, then take it to a separate garage for the booked MOT appointment a few days later.

Can I drive it on SORN for these two trips?

You can only drive it to your pre-booked MOT appointment with a SORN in place.

and it must be insured.... Probably best to get the repairing garage to come and collect your car

If you book the car in at the garage where the repairs are to be done you can drive it there on a sorn as long as car is insured

I would be careful if you are not driving to a booked mot you are breaking the law . I would have the garage who is repairing come and pick up and drop of after unless you are driving from repair to booked mot

;;

If you book the car in at the garage where the repairs are to be done you can drive it there on a sorn as long as car is insured

Must be a mot testing station when the car is sorned. Quute from Government web site:: Can I drive if my car has a SORN?

No. The only exception is that you can drive it to a pre-booked MOT. If the police stop you on the way, you need to prove that you're going to the MOT.

;;

Must be a mot testing station when the car is sorned. Quute from Government web site:: Can I drive if my car has a SORN?

No. The only exception is that you can drive it to a pre-booked MOT. If the police stop you on the way, you need to prove that you're going to the MOT.

How do you get it home then?

How do you get it home then?

It would either have passed or be on an advisory. If it failed then you wouldn't be driving home anyway SORN or no SORN

You can drive to and from a prearranged MOT and to and from prearranged MOT repairs provided you are insured and the vehicle is safe to do so, failing that it would have to be recovered there.

Yes, but the MOT has to be pre-booked.

At one time it used to say the M.O.T had to be pre-booked at the nearest testing station,now the word "nearest" seems to have disappeared.I bet they would kick up if you arranged a test at Blackpool though.There is no need to SORN a vehicle just because the test has expired,as long as it is taxed and insured.