Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Darts - Respect of the art

Home > General > General Sports Chat

Reply To Topic

14-11-2017, 17:07   #1
danielhall96

Total Posts: 8
Berry van Peer has been suffering with dartitis on stage and I must say he's handled it incredibly well. Massive credit to himself and to the sport!
14-11-2017, 17:54   #2
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhall96 View Post
Berry van Peer has been suffering with dartitis on stage and I must say he's handled it incredibly well. Massive credit to himself and to the sport!
Is "Dartitis" really a thing or a **** take? Sure people can get disorders that cause them to lose some motor skills, but for it to happen to a darts player and it be referred to as "dartitis", really??. If it happened to Rory Mcllroy would it be called golfitis?
_______
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
14-11-2017, 18:28   #3
hagrid

Total Posts: 213
In Golf it is called " The Yips "
14-11-2017, 19:17   #4
ANGELFIRE1

Total Posts: 4,836
Yes, this malady raises its ugly head in my ex sport of clay shooting. Clay comes out of the trap, and the trigger may as well be welded solid, you just cannot pull the trigger. It ended my participation in the sport after more than thirty years. No clay pigeons were hurt during this time.

Angel1.
_______
Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!. Walk slowly towards the light, for I will surely follow you, but not just yet.
14-11-2017, 23:17   #5
simonj

Total Posts: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hartley View Post
Is "Dartitis" really a thing or a **** take? Sure people can get disorders that cause them to lose some motor skills, but for it to happen to a darts player and it be referred to as "dartitis", really??. If it happened to Rory Mcllroy would it be called golfitis?
Yep, it really is a thing

Used to play pub league darts throughout the 80s & early 90s until it became more and more difficult to let go of the dart. Probably hard to relate to if you haven't experienced it but no matter how much I practiced (no pressure), and how much I told myself that it could only be in my head, I couldn't get back to the smooth, easy throwing motion that I'd taken for granted.
_______
"Is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear me"
14-11-2017, 23:45   #6
Padders

Total Posts: 6,141
Happens in snooker too.
Reply To Topic