Help with condensation

Hi we moved to this 1960s bungalow 2 years ago since then we have wet windows in winter any help would be appreciated

You need to contact Envirovent...it transformeed our house. Got rid of all condensatuion and moukd, caused basically by a lack of dry air circulation.

You need heat and ventilation, especially on older properties that will have been upgraded over the years.

If you have double glazing you should have open vents in most windows.

A heat recovery ventilation unit will sort out your problem. Should be easy to install in a bungalow.

It basically extracts air from your kitchen and bathroom and supplies fresh air to your living room and bedrooms. Heat is recovered from the extracted air and transferred to the fresh air coming in. This saves on your heating bills.

Hope that helps.

A dehumidifier works as well.

Or simply open a window or two every day.

I'd go with dehumidifier.

Can someone explain the open window thing to me though, I can't make sense of it. House is a bit cold and damp, mould grows round window. So I open the window to let in more cold damp air.

I'd go with dehumidifier.

Can someone explain the open window thing to me though, I can't make sense of it. House is a bit cold and damp, mould grows round window. So I open the window to let in more cold damp air.

Or, from alternative viewpoint, you let the mould spores out.

Changing the air is always a good thing. In older houses, the chimneys do that. In newer ones you either need vents or some open windows.

Or, from alternative viewpoint, you let the mould spores out.

That I had not considered. :)

We started going along the dehumidifier route, but it didnt solve the problem. Older houses were not designed to have sealed windows and doors, not fitted carpets, nor loads of insulation. No central heating....they needed a constant flow of air, through window gaps, up chimneys, through floorboards....systems such as Envirovent make up for these 'improvements' bu feeding a constant stream of fresh air through the house...

Are the windows wet because you still have the original single glazing and wooden frame in the bedroom window ?

get the open fire back in action it will ventilate and heat at the same time.