Hatfield House Lane Class J3 1962 Where are you?

Retirement brings on many extramural activities and having nearly completed my bucket list before the next bucket I see is the one I kick,

I thought it prudent to see who's left out of my old class and where and WHO they are now ( many of the girls will obviously have a change of name ).. See link below

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;m00003

A few of our motley crew, I have sincerely missed since I left and I curiously would like to see how we all did after Smiley's J4 class and the ensuing 11+ dispersal.

If you haven't sussed yet which one I am in the group,,, go top row and remember the one that went off to Canada at an early age from Fairthorn road..

Came back a few times too but never really got to be in contact with the old class.. I know about Beryl thanks and was recently chatting to Chris ( who hasn't changed a bit and is still a grumpy old bugger ;-) and I luv him to bits ) .. Particularly would like to hear from Gwenda who lived on the corner of Rolleston road and Sicey avenue. ( Last time we saw each other, was when I came past your house, with my parents in tow, aged then? About 14 /15 ).. Look forward to your responses.

Edited by fairthorny

I was at the school in 1940 to 43. I used to live opposite the school.

So, I can safely assume you were not in J3 in 1962 then? ;-)

Geez.. I wasn't even born when you were attending. Wow! Must have seen some changes in that time..

Did they have proper pencils then Janner . From your name fairthorny can it be said you lived on Fairthorne rd

I didn't go to Hatfield but I've known Graham Downs a long time, I recognised him straight away.

Is Joan Turner in the picture Trevor's (Sam) sister?

I didn't go to Hatfield but I've known Graham Downs a long time, I recognised him straight away.

Is Joan Turner in the picture Trevor's (Sam) sister?

I go in the Hartley House club with Graham. We have been lifelong friends. I was also at Hatfield but 2 years below this class. Mr Clark was also my teacher.

Hi Fairthorny.Times passing quickly now. I can remember most of those in the class but i can't remember who went off to Canada.I'm on the back row as well and i can only think of two that lived on Fairthorn on there.Depends what age you went because i'm sure one was around at 16-17.

Did they have proper pencils then Janner . From your name fairthorny can it be said you lived on Fairthorne rd

Pencils were in short supply during the war but we had some. We also had pen & ink, the ink wells were fitted into the desk top, the pens were wood & when they wore out, bent or damaged we had to request another nib from the teacher. In those days we were not interested whether we were in the wrong sex bodies, or confused by racial discrimination etc. We were allowed to be kids. I lived on Hatfield House lane almost opposite the school.

Parky Dave.. Correct. ;-)

Hobgoblin.. You must be Cliff then? as Stephen lived below me. Colin ( bottom row ), lived up fro me,, Malc and Peter lived on Sicey and Paul on one road below formark..

Derfblade.. You used to tag along at the Horseshoe as well.. ;-) Give my regards to Graham.. He don't know it but I owe him a lot. ( not cash ) ;-)

Parky Dave.. Correct. ;-)

Hobgoblin.. You must be Cliff then? as Stephen lived below me. Colin ( bottom row ), lived up fro me,, Malc and Peter lived on Sicey and Paul on one road below formark..

Derfblade.. You used to tag along at the Horseshoe as well.. ;-) Give my regards to Graham.. He don't know it but I owe him a lot. ( not cash ) ;-)

Had a pint (or 6) with Graham today. Will pass on your regards if i know who u are.

2nd left of Graham. ( see pic link )

SIX pints?? I wish ;-) I miss my Stones's but with six down, you'd have to carry me out of the pub these days..

I believe you're John.I am Pete off Sicey. Haven't seen any of the old class in years.Probably wouldn't recognise any of them anyway.