Drivers on the Stocksbridge bypass

Speed kills, 40ish is plenty fast enough for me, poor driver, atrocious driver, no, safe driver yes...….

No - you *think* you’re a safe driver.

Speed kills, 40ish is plenty fast enough for me, poor driver, atrocious driver, no, safe driver yes...….

You are not safe at all. I'm hoping you realise that your atrocious driving and that of your ilk can contribute to head on collisions caused by driving slow.

The speed limit of a road isn't just plucked out of thin air, large amounts of research are taken into consideration to get to a point of a safe speed, so once again you are correct, 'speed kills' but this also includes slow speeds.

No - you *think* you’re a safe driver.

50 yrs without a blameworthy accident is good enough for me, 41 of them as a professional.

50 yrs without a blameworthy accident is good enough for me, 41 of them as a professional.

"Never had an accident..seen plenty" :)

Meanwhile if you looked in your rear view mirror you’d see a trail of death and destruction you’d left behind you. IMO professional drivers are some of the worst because they get lazy and complacent*.

*please note I said *some* and not *all* or everybody or even most!

You're driving badly and claiming that it's a demonstration of driving skill.

It'd be funny if there weren't quite so many drivers who do the same.

Speed clearly doesn't kill, this is a stupid saying. Rapid deceleration and having bits of broken car poked holes in you kills. Speed does nothing to you at all.

"Never had an accident..seen plenty" :)

In the rear view mirror :hihi:

Stubborn old man claims to be the best driver on the road, never heard that one before :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Stubborn old man claims to be the best driver on the road, never heard that one before :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Some very impatient drivers on this thread. (cue Joker)

Some very impatient drivers on this thread. (cue Joker)

Have you never considered that so many have questioned your driving (myself included on another thread) that you might be the problem?

If you can't or won't drive to the limit of the road when the conditions allow then please use other roads where the limit is set to your ability - i.e. 30mph.

You're the type who probably does 50 on motorways (no doubt because you remember the phrase "50 is thrifty") and forces lorries into the second lane.

You're driving badly and claiming that it's a demonstration of driving skill.

It'd be funny if there weren't quite so many drivers who do the same.

Speed clearly doesn't kill, this is a stupid saying. Rapid deceleration and having bits of broken car poked holes in you kills. Speed does nothing to you at all.

Funny thing is, Cyclone, 18months ago I had a rant on here, I was caught speeding at 32mph. I went on a speed awareness course, and everything I learnt seems to refute what you post. :huh: