Chinese or Italian

Hi,

I am looking at going out for quite a nice meal and want quite a posh-ish place.

I have been recommended Mulan at Renishaw and Rossi's on London Road, has anyone got any opinions on these? Or could you recommend somewhere different?

We normally go to Jumbo's but im fed up of feeling like im in a school hall on sticky tables (although the food is nice) and its not great for a quiet romantic meal.

Never been to either of those sorry, but if you want a good chinese, try Hui Wei which is delish!

Canton Orchard is quite good too and quite a nice grand building (so not like a school hall!)

For a good Italian, try Maranellos on Eccelsall Road...

Rossi's is quite nice inside and the food was decent. We got a free limoncello at the end of the meal which was a nice touch. The top Italian in Sheff has to be Marco@Milano though - can't really be compared with anywhere else.

Hi,

I am looking at going out for quite a nice meal and want quite a posh-ish place.

I have been recommended Mulan at Renishaw and Rossi's on London Road, has anyone got any opinions on these? Or could you recommend somewhere different?

We normally go to Jumbo's but im fed up of feeling like im in a school hall on sticky tables (although the food is nice) and its not great for a quiet romantic meal.

RENISHAW!!!

You're seriously thinking of going for a night out in RENISHAW!!!

Thank heavens you've told us. I may be just in time to save you.

Do you not like this partner of yours or something?

If you want Chinese you've got a few in Sheff to choose from, without going all the way to RENISHAW!!!

Wong Ting - Matilda Street. Used to be the Golden Dragon years ago. It's very good Chinese food. If you like the idea of a buffet you can order that - it's brought to your table, as much as you want, including crispy duck. That takes some beating I'd say.

If you want even nicer surroundings and a very good wine list, then Canton Orchard at Ranmoor is your place. But, I think the food there, though good, isn't fantastic and it's quite expensive as you might expect.

Not tried Hu Wei yet.

If you want a more trendy, upmarket, school hall sensation, then East one (is that the name?) in that Plaza place at the top of ...(oh sod it, I can't remember) near where the Hornblower pub used to be. Food in there is good too.

Thanks.

Would you say Rossi's is trousers and a shirt attire?

i would say the best thing about Rossi's is the outfit the doorman is wearing, I would rate the food as very average...

Thanks.

Would you say Rossi's is trousers and a shirt attire?

Only if you're a man! :)

Actually, it's some time since I went to Rossi's. I think it's still decent but others might be able to tell you better than me. Enjoy it anyhow.

We used to go to Rossi's on a reasonably regular basis, unfortunatly the last twice weve been I sent the pizza back because the base was quite burnt, and the last time my OH ended up chewing wire mesh strands from the pan scrubber they scrub the pans with in her chicken dish.

First one I put down to a bad experience, the last one was unforgivable, admittedly we were not charged for the meals that were bad, but we wont be going back again.

We used to go to Rossi's on a reasonably regular basis, unfortunatly the last twice weve been I sent the pizza back because the base was quite burnt, and the last time my OH ended up chewing wire mesh strands from the pan scrubber they scrub the pans with in her chicken dish.

First one I put down to a bad experience, the last one was unforgivable, admittedly we were not charged for the meals that were bad, but we wont be going back again.

Ah yes Sir, that's the Chicken Calzone Scourer Special you ordered there. We take only the finest strands of wire mesh from the pan scourers and marinate them overnight in hot water, then gently toss them in a light tomato and parmesan sauce, finished with pesto.

The result is a pizza with a difference - some nice crispy bits instead of all the usual sloppy stuff. Most of our customers like it - it's one of our more popular dishes - except for those with metal fillings.

A nice italian in Sheffield City Centre is BB's on the Devonshire Green and prices are very good and the food is just outstanding!! Staff really friendly too!!!

I know is a long way out. But have you tried Wok 1 all you can eat buffet at doncaster?? its really good quality food.

Have a look on groupon, you can get some good offers on pretty posh looking restaurants. For example this deal is a four-course meal. I'd be impressed ;)