Greek Restaurants..

Are there any decent Greek retaurants in or around Sheffield, I'm looking for ones with good quality food not the tacky throwing plates/Zorba's dance type places of old.

Never had a bad meal at The Greedy Greek on Sharrowvale Road.

Very basic inside, but tasty (microwaved) food.

Although I haven't tried it myself, Parthenona's on London Road is supposed to be half decent.

The Greedy Greek is awful, they have a room up stairs for parties and a group of us went for a friends birthday, nearly everyone though the food was rubbish.

As jug ears says, there is that place on London road, on the right as you head out of town, just before it turns into Abbeydale road, it's been there for years so must be doing something right.

The Greedy Greek is awful, they have a room up stairs for parties and a group of us went for a friends birthday, nearly everyone though the food was rubbish.

As jug ears says, there is that place on London road, on the right as you head out of town, just before it turns into Abbeydale road, it's been there for years so must be doing something right.

yea that place is quality, its called parthononas? it looks like its shut half the time, because they have the lighting down low, and the sign doesn't stand out, but its open and v good food at reasonable prices, also do take out.......and no i dont work for them or know the owner.

I agree with jimboin,

Have been a few times, really enjoyed the food. Try the Chicken Parthononas, think that's what it's called, chicken, tomato and feta cheese sauce - very nice!

The Greedy Greek on Sharrowvale Rd has always been good when we have been. Well worth a try

my husband is greek and we have tried the greedy greek and parthanous. we were not impressed with either of them .

the greedy greek is ok for a cheap lunch/meal, and its also BYO wine. However as people have said, it's nothing amazing, although I wouldn't agree its awful.

The Great Gatsby (used to be Olive bar) on Divison street had a real tasty greek 'inspired' menu last time I went in. However I don't think they do the food at night, just lunches.

The Great Gatsby (used to be Olive bar) on Divison street had a real tasty greek 'inspired' menu last time I went in. However I don't think they do the food at night, just lunches.

The Great Gatsby is fab and has a lovely new menu out, but I wouldn't describe the food as Greek, it's taking inspirartion from across the world. Last time I went I had a lamb flatbread wrap....

yea that place is quality, its called parthononas? it looks like its shut half the time, because they have the lighting down low, and the sign doesn't stand out, but its open and v good food at reasonable prices, also do take out.......and no i dont work for them or know the owner.

Agree. Parthenonas is awesome.

I can recommend the Greedy Greek, I am always in there buying something!...Beautiful food!