Sheffield Wednesday v Preston 30th march

Preston aren't doing too bad just lately, playing for a Manager who's 'failed' at numerous other clubs.

They won at Cardiff, Bristol City and Forest, so are capable of getting good results away from home.

They are also not 'inflammable' losing to the Blades 1-0 at The Lane.

They don't hold any fears for me, and if we have a couple more 'first teamers' back from injury, Preston will have a more difficult game than they would expect at the moment.

Our squad have done ok these last few weeks, working hard and grinding out points here and there.

I think even without a mass return of the injured, we'll have enough to give these a fright, we're improving game by game (mostly).

The 30th is a long way away as I write, so many things can change.

It will be a difficult game, but one I think we could (with one or two back) win easily.

Winning at a struggle will do for me.

Tops 1 Blades ...................... Around 7. Good game, good game!

Leave it aht lads eh?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Preston are on great form away from home, don't think they have lost a league game away since they lost to Ipswich in early November. So this will be tough.

A win in this albeit tough would surely end any dwindling relegation fears more returning player (FF could be one) would be a bonus either way.

Preston sum up this league. They're a strong side who can grind out results, but you'll play them and summarise that they look bang average.

A draw I think,if we have a couple of more back could Nick it.

I hate these ridiculous International breaks but this one has actually come at a good time, two weeks for the returning players to do some training and hopefully be fitter and readier than we were last time we played Preston.

2-1

Didn't want to start a new thread but as a Blade may I say RIP Steve Lee. Commiserations to all his family.

Cheers Abs!

I've started a new thread.

Condolences to Steve's family and friends.

Hope you can do us a favour guys...ive had a heart attack week ago hope l can stand the strain on these final games..

Sorry to hear about the heart attack Mooks, i,m sure everyone on the footy section will be rooting for you. Football brings us all together so Get well soon mate.

Sorry to hear about the heart attack Mooks, i,m sure everyone on the footy section will be rooting for you. Football brings us all together so Get well soon mate.

Cheers m8 ;)

Hope you can do us a favour guys...ive had a heart attack week ago hope l can stand the strain on these final games..

Hey Mooks, hope you are on the mend buddy.

We’ll win this one and do Boro a favour. Bannan and Hutch to start, Nando to make a ten minute cameo. We can play with no fear and no pressure, sides often play better when they get to that stage.