Swfc 2017 accounts

Given that SWFC have published their accounts for the y/e My 2017 today and they show a £21m loss against a £9m loss for the previous 2016 year ,such they have losses of around £30m against a 3 year total of £39m allowed before FFP rules are breached, do any of the wednesday oracles/insiders on here have any thoughts on where this is leading. Remember the Rhodes transfer fee/salary etc will fall inside the next set of accounts and it seems difficult to see how the club can avoid a penalty which could be a points deduction and /or transfer embargo,,,

What does everyone think? Is this the beginning of the end? Shall I sell my slice of 150th anniversary cake, keep it, eat it or see if the birds will eat it?

Or you could look at the bigger picture

If Wednesday go down to League 2 (2 relegations) then they could be bought cheap by a wealthy investor, who will then pump money into the club in order to send it back to the premier league and make millions

Look what happened to Manchester City, they went down to League 1 and look at them now

There have been no points deductions for breaching the ridiculous FFP or P&S rules as they now seem to be called, you can get a transfer embargo though. I despise the Premier League so the race for it holds no interest for me, just means a bit of trimming next season and maybe places for more U23's - both a good thing in my opinion.

There have been no points deductions for breaching the ridiculous FFP or P&S rules as they now seem to be called, you can get a transfer embargo though. I despise the Premier League so the race for it holds no interest for me, just means a bit of trimming next season and maybe places for more U23's - both a good thing in my opinion.

Agreed, the FFP rulings appear to be there to generate more money not deduct points.

And I agree on the PL. It's nice to play there. But there is so much greed and cheating etc, you have to ask if it is all worth it as a paying fan.

The club's of course think it is, even if just for one season.

Given that SWFC have published their accounts for the y/e My 2017 today and they show a £21m loss against a £9m loss for the previous 2016 year ,such they have losses of around £30m against a 3 year total of £39m allowed before FFP rules are breached, do any of the wednesday oracles/insiders on here have any thoughts on where this is leading. Remember the Rhodes transfer fee/salary etc will fall inside the next set of accounts and it seems difficult to see how the club can avoid a penalty which could be a points deduction and /or transfer embargo,,,

What does everyone think? Is this the beginning of the end? Shall I sell my slice of 150th anniversary cake, keep it, eat it or see if the birds will eat it?

Leicester City accounts just published Income £233m Profit £92.5M that is why all clubs want to get in the Premier League Leicester have spent wisely for a number of years ( look at the price of Vardy) and good luck to them

Leicester City accounts just published Income £233m Profit £92.5M that is why all clubs want to get in the Premier League Leicester have spent wisely for a number of years ( look at the price of Vardy) and good luck to them

To be fair though Vardy has only flourished late in his career, he got about 4-5 goals a season early on at Leicester.

The owner appears to have recognised his shortcomings and apointed a much needed CEO. It always amazes me how football clubs get themselves into financial disaster areas, if my income can’t settle my credit card account, then I know that I’m spending money that I don’t have, it’s not rocket science.

The owner appears to have recognised his shortcomings and apointed a much needed CEO. It always amazes me how football clubs get themselves into financial disaster areas, if my income can’t settle my credit card account, then I know that I’m spending money that I don’t have, it’s not rocket science.

The club are not in any financial trouble, it’s just what we’ve spent doesn’t comply with the ludicrous FFP/P&S rules.

The club are not in any financial trouble, it’s just what we’ve spent doesn’t comply with the ludicrous FFP/P&S rules.

In the unlikely event of the club being relegated it would be a financial disaster area, player values would plummet and good signings would be difficult if not impossible. I don’t like the FFP rules either, I’ve no problem with clubs telling them to swivel, however SWFC ain’t going to make much difference in isolation.

In the unlikely event of the club being relegated it would be a financial disaster area, player values would plummet and good signings would be difficult if not impossible. I don’t like the FFP rules either, I’ve no problem with clubs telling them to swivel, however SWFC ain’t going to make much difference in isolation.

I fully agree players value would plummet.You would be lucky to get 10 bob for your 10 million pound striker

I fully agree players value would plummet.You would be lucky to get 10 bob for your 10 million pound striker

It’s good to have a financial aficionado on the forum.

It’s good to have a financial aficionado on the forum.

Well thank you very much it is nice to be appreciated you smooth talker you.I love it when you talk dirty.