Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa 24/0218

I wont be attending this one unfortunately due to a gig in Leeds. We need about 5-6 wins to be safe not really bothered when or how they arrive, will this be one or won't it as all the teams at the top with the exception of Wolves seem to be stuttering.

Lets hope the players "rested" last night return and show some of the mettle they did in the Derby game, lets gain safety and get this wretched season over with.

2-2

Depends what team he chooses, will we have strikers on the pitch? What about a goalkeeper? Oo

You'll not go down whatever, the teams below are terrible so can't make up the ground on you!

If JL picks the right 11 then we may have a chance...but any starting 11 that includes Jones and Fox just doesn't cut it for me...

After last night's performance and team selection, any expectancy of a result for this weekend has evaporated very quickly..i hope i'm wrong but expect nothing other than a defeat..against a side full of quality.

Maybe he'll go with no strikers or midfielders, just defenders. I don't hold out much hope against these but the same can be said of derby so we'll see

You'll not go down whatever, the teams below are terrible so can't make up the ground on you!

What about the killer Bs, Birmingham, Burton and Bolton. lol

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 14:30 ----------

Well, one of Wednesday's best wins was at Villa, but it seems like that ship has sailed, for both teams.

Edited by Ontarian1981

A few, including myself agree with you. Sunderland are the poorest team i have seen for years, there are 3/4 others that continue to struggle.

Only a major collapse by the Owls will see relegation, it seems its only the Owl fans that think a relegation place this season.

The Owls also seem to have doubts on the latest manager, surely he needs time to make his mark.

A few, including myself agree with you. Sunderland are the poorest team i have seen for years, there are 3/4 others that continue to struggle.

Only a major collapse by the Owls will see relegation, it seems its only the Owl fans that think a relegation place this season.

The Owls also seem to have doubts on the latest manager, surely he needs time to make his mark.

It's easy to be confident when you don't support the team poundy. We've been a poor team all season, relying on teams below us to be equally poor is a dangerous thing to do.

It's easy to be confident when you don't support the team poundy. We've been a poor team all season, relying on teams below us to be equally poor is a dangerous thing to do.

The only club doing owt at the bottom, who look like escaping is i.m.h.o Bolton..

But accept your point.

Yea agree about Bolton, yet to play them again yet aswell. I'd like to think we have enough games left to get 5 wins, that I think should be enough but I don't know who we'll get the points against, probably beat these knowing us

Aston Villa, there is some history here.

Who can forget Ron Atkinson coming to Hillsborough, being 2-0 down and then winning 3 - 2?

So for that reason I predict a 3 - 2 for Aston Villa

Aston Villa, there is some history here.

Who can forget Ron Atkinson coming to Hillsborough, being 2-0 down and then winning 3 - 2?

So for that reason I predict a 3 - 2 for Aston Villa

That wasn't the first time an ex-manager came to haunt us and by the same goal sequence, except that wasn't at Hillsborough but at Wembley sigh!