Africa's elephants could be extinct in a century

35,000 a year are being slaughtered to fuel the demand in the far east for ivory. Given the long gestation period and slow growth to adulthood in elephants if this rate of slaughter continues elephants could be extinct in 100 years.

Way to go humans!

Way to go China

That is so terribly sad!!! Such majestic, beautiful animals!!

I just hate it how some humans treat animals like they are there for us to use and abuse!!!

I hope things change drastically and the elephants don't become extinct!

Way to go China

In this country, we annihilated all our wild large animals years ago.

That is so terribly sad!!! Such majestic, beautiful animals!!

I just hate it how some humans treat animals like they are there for us to use and abuse!!!

I hope things change drastically and the elephants don't become extinct!

What if they were ugly, terrible animals would it be sad then?

Africa was better off under Western Colonisation than it will be under Chinese Colonisation.

Which animals were they?

---------- Post added 19-08-2014 at 22:20 ----------

We should boycott all the Chinky Loo take aways until the Chinese stop slaughtering Elephants and Rhino so they can get the horn.

We should also stop buying Japanese motor bikes, cameras. T.V.;s and lap tops until they stop killing Wales.

it is a good job Asian elephant ivory is garbage otherwise they would be extinct already.

it is a good job Asian elephant ivory is garbage otherwise they would be extinct already.

You mean ground Asian elephant ivory really doesn't give you an erection or prolong sexual prowess, or remove warts from the end of your nose?

35,000 a year are being slaughtered to fuel the demand in the far east for ivory. Given the long gestation period and slow growth to adulthood in elephants if this rate of slaughter continues elephants could be extinct in 100 years.

Way to go humans!

never mind the Elephants the way the human race is going right now i doubt we will make it to another 100 years, priorities need to be addressed:roll:

like you say "way to go humans"!

I hate to say this, but they have been saying elephants were going to be extinct in 30 years before now. Seems to me their expectancy has gone up. This sort of story is the alarmist cautionary tale of those wanting money for their particular cause.

Wheras the present day Chinese are pushing for the complete destruction of large wild animals on another continent.