Tibetan Food Anyone?

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Sheffield where you can get Tibetan food? Just spent the weekend at the Musicport festival at Brid and one of the food outlets was selling Tibetan food.I didn't realise that there was a specific cuisine perculiar to that country(although I suppose it's obvious really!).The sesame chicken,not like Chinese sesame chicken,was particularly good,as was the beef and potatoe stew with momo,steamed dumplings stuffed with spicey meat.All delicious stuff.So where's the nearest place to get this food?

Manchester.

Are you the guy who keeps asking these crazy questions about where to get food from out of the way nations? We've had one on here recently asking about Albanian restaurants.

You should know that the chances of getting anything remotely unusual in Sheffield are nil.

I share your enthusiasm though for Tibetan food.

My favourite dish is when they take lentils, or dal as it's known, and mix them with a curry powder then they take the severed head of a Llama, remove the eyes, and fill them with the lentil stuffing - then roast the whole head in a tandoori oven till crispy.

"Dal Eye Llama" they call it.

Manchester.

Are you the guy who keeps asking these crazy questions about where to get food from out of the way nations? We've had one on here recently asking about Albanian restaurants.

You should know that the chances of getting anything remotely unusual in Sheffield are nil.

I share your enthusiasm though for Tibetan food.

My favorite dish is when they take lentils, or dal as it's known, and mix them with a curry powder then they take the severed head of a Llama, remove the eyes, and fill them with the lentil stuffing - then roast the whole head in a tandoori oven till crispy.

"Dal Eye Llama" they call it.

That's my favorite too!

Incidentally,I have no particular interest in "food from out of the way nations" although I do like haggis.Does that count?

yes, haggis counts definitely. Scotland is one of the most out of the way nations on earth. Every time I've been there and been in a bar someone has said to me, "out the way".