Looking for a running partner

Have a look at Park run in Endcliffe park, saturdays at 9am, 3 miles flat and a good atmosphere with all abilities

No mate!

No offence intended. But I can't think of anything worse than going running with someone.

I recommend a good book to you:

"The Loneliness of the long distance runner" by Alan Sillitoe.

Always run alone, is my advice. It's a time for reflection and sanctuary. A time away from pointless conversation and mobile phone interruptions.

It's the most sacred of time.

Take no headphones, or earphones.

Listen to your shoes squelching through mud or scraping on rock and sand. View the distant horizon, the cloud formations. Push yourself to the point of exhaustion, but walk if you feel like it.

It's you - and nature - and no-one else should interfere with that.

Return home to a warm bath, or refreshing shower, and know that your pain was private - and the thoughts that surfaced and were nobbled like Hungry Hippo's on a fairground - are all yours.

No mate!

No offence intended. But I can't think of anything worse than going running with someone.

Always run alone, is my advice. It's a time for reflection and sanctuary. A time away from pointless conversation and mobile phone interruptions.

Listen to your shoes squelching through mud or scraping on rock and sand. View the distant horizon, the cloud formations. Push yourself to the point of exhaustion, but walk if you feel like it.

Return home to a warm bath, or refreshing shower, and know that your pain was private - and the thoughts that surfaced and were nobbled like Hungry Hippo's on a fairground - are all yours.

I can relate to that but also can be a plus side for a new starter to have a partner or if off road on the moors finding new routes, have got lost before and a 12 mile has turned into a 19, not an issue at the time but not good for some one building distance, cant really go wrong with road though

Yep, I run alone most of the time. And no music or garmin.

No mate!

What a load of tosh- each to their own.

Whatever motivates you to get outside running is what you need to do.

I can relate to that but also can be a plus side for a new starter to have a partner or if off road on the moors finding new routes, have got lost before and a 12 mile has turned into a 19, not an issue at the time but not good for some one building distance, cant really go wrong with road though

Yes I know mate, I was posting a bit tongue in cheek, although running alone is my preference.

A friend of mine took up running with a running club. He lost 7 stone. He wouldn't have done that without encouragement from his running pals, so I've total respect for it.

I sometimes go running with a partner, my wife. She's younger than me but can't keep up with me. That makes me feel good! :)