Prosecco bar , Woodseats

Opening in a week or so, yes, in WOODSEATS! Soon the area will be rebranded as Higher Heeley. :hihi:

Opening in a week or so, yes, in WOODSEATS! Soon the area will be rebranded as Higher Heeley. :hihi:

This is amusing - even Italy doesn't have prosecco bars - and it is cheaper than chips there.

And surely Upper Meersbrook or Higher Beauchief.

There's a new prosecco bar opening on Ecclesall Road soon. Supposed to be awesome.

There's a new prosecco bar opening on Ecclesall Road soon. Supposed to be awesome.

Awesome eh? I can't remember the last time I was left in awe of something, I shall have to give it a try.

I'm not so keen on Prosecco though, although I appreciate it is very popular with young ladies who cannot afford or appreciate champagne. I can see me hanging around such a joint, propping up the bar with a brandy and asking if I can upgrade some young lady to a champagne cocktail instead.

They will have champagne as well I hope? and Angostura bitters and sugar cubes?:suspect:

This does sound very good, although last time I popped into Guzzle they had prosecco on tap.

As per DerbyTup, although I am probably a young (perhaps not so young) but definitely a lady who likes prosecco (although i definitely appreciate champagne, just not every friday..) I look forward to trying here, but hope there will be quite a few different choices available, prosecco cocktails etc.

Guest makapaka
Awesome eh? I can't remember the last time I was left in awe of something, I shall have to give it a try.

I'm not so keen on Prosecco though, although I appreciate it is very popular with young ladies who cannot afford or appreciate champagne. I can see me hanging around such a joint, propping up the bar with a brandy and asking if I can upgrade some young lady to a champagne cocktail instead.

They will have champagne as well I hope? and Angostura bitters and sugar cubes?:suspect:

God that sounds awful - the thought of someone offering to “upgrade you” to champagne - ewk

God that sounds awful - the thought of someone offering to “upgrade you” to champagne - ewk

:hihi: Yeah well, I wasn't offering to upgrade you mr makapaka, only attractive ladies. I'm just old-fashioned that way. ;)

---------- Post added 04-11-2017 at 09:20 ----------

This does sound very good, although last time I popped into Guzzle they had prosecco on tap.

As per DerbyTup, although I am probably a young (perhaps not so young) but definitely a lady who likes prosecco (although i definitely appreciate champagne, just not every friday..) I look forward to trying here, but hope there will be quite a few different choices available, prosecco cocktails etc.

I'm with you there. It would get very costly drinking champagne every week! I restrict myself to filling the bath with it once a month.

TBH - I'm not a big fan of champagne (and I would never be so arrogant as to suggest to anyone to "upgrade them" - that was just my other ego speaking! The one with the Alan Partridge "sports casual" look). :gag:

Occasionally I call at Searcy's champagne bar when I'm in St Pancras station. I've tried a few different types of champagne there. I think the one I enjoyed most so far was Lanson White Label, which is not a superstar of a champagne, but I like it because it's not quite so dry as the others and is probably a bit more like wine in flavour.

When I was working abroad I got into drinking things like Aperol Spritz and Bellini's. Or Campari and Prosecco cocktails. These are not things that I've seen folks drink regularly here, but they are hugely popular in Switzerland, Germany and Italy. It would be good if the prosecco bar in Woodseats offers these because they are a lot more interesting than just drinking plain prosecco.

Anyhow - I shall have to give this new place a try when it opens. I sampled "Guzzle" in Woodseats this week - which I think is a good addition to the drinking scene too.

I've just driven up Woodseats and I saw that the prosecco bar is in the new Italian, can't remember the name but it's in the old Swanky Franks/Rodeo Joes.

:

When I was working abroad I got into drinking things like Aperol Spritz and Bellini's. Or Campari and Prosecco cocktails. These are not things that I've seen folks drink regularly here, but they are hugely popular in Switzerland, Germany and Italy. It would be good if the prosecco bar in Woodseats offers these because they are a lot more interesting than just drinking plain prosecco.

The Closed Shop on Commonside does a decent Aperol Spritz - and on Thursday nights all cocktails are only £4.50.

I am sure that like many on here, it will be interesting to see where they place their prices. I am no expert when it comes to Prosecco but its alright to enjoy in the right environment. if the new owners monitor this site, consider where you are opening up....it isn't City centre or Eccy Road.

I've just driven up Woodseats and I saw that the prosecco bar is in the new Italian, can't remember the name but it's in the old Swanky Franks/Rodeo Joes.

Bit disappointed in this as somebody had told me the old Midland Bank building was going to be an ‘upmarket ‘ bar.

Makes you wonder how much of the old Swanky Franks will be Italian restaurant and how much will actually be bar area.