Did anyone live on Ditchingham Street Pitsmoor 1960s.

Does anyone remember Souths Beevers Fiddes Yates Knowles.

My Mum grew up on Ditchingham Street her name was Irene South.She had 5 brothers Walt,Gordon,Willis and twins John & Robert.She also had a sister Rosina.We lived on their until 1973 we lived at no 13 and my nanan lived at 19 or it might be the other way round! I was only 2 yrs old when we moved!!then we moved on to Pye Bank Close.

Jill Fiddes used to babysit for me and my brother Ian & sister Gaynor her brother Martin was Ian's friend.

Hi Tony I remember your family very well. I lived at no16 just across the road from you. My parents had to move due to demolition. I use to be friends with Jill Fiddes.I wonder if its you I use to take for walks in a large rather posh black pram it was one of Irenes anyway. Pennyx

Hi Penny it might have been my sister Gaynor.I'm the youngest Ronamy I was born in 1971.I can remember a photo of Gaynor sat in a big black silver cross pram!We also moved due to the demolition of the street.My husbands cousins also lived on Ditchingham(small world) they were called David & Glenn Ford you might know them.I have an older brother Tommy (Robinson) you might know him too he's 55 this year.

Hi Rony it must have been your sister that I took for walks. I remember Tommy very well although we never hung around together. Your Mum lived higher up the Street than your Nan.If I remember correctly your Nans house was bigger and set out differently to the other terraced houses on the Street.

My Brother in law and his brother used to live at Ditchingham Street, might have been no 10.

He is called Richard Heap, has an older brother John, their parents were called Iris and Albert.

Hi Whitehorses I remember Richard they lived in the same yard as Barry and Pam Adams. Think he used to knock around with a lad called Stephen Fiddes who live in the next yard up.Penny.

Penny we lived at no 19! My sister Gaynor said my nanan's house was different from the rest and that it had a garage in the yard. she said that she still see's Kim sometimes as she lives near Gaynor's daughter

Hi Rony I used to hang around with Kim she was about 3 years younger than me though. Can your sister remember any more names.It used to be a really nice area to live at that time.Although a bit grimey.

My Brother in law and his brother used to live at Ditchingham Street, might have been no 10.

He is called Richard Heap, has an older brother John, their parents were called Iris and Albert.

My name is Tommy Robinson i used to live down the street from Richard he and Geoff Harrison took me to Burngreave school on my firt day I used to see Richard & John at the lane but havn't seen them for years

Here's a scan from the 1968 Kelly's Directory that shows a few names mentioned in the thread..:)

Thanks for that Hillsbro. We lived at no16. I remember most of the names mentioned.