Roper Family from Shiregreen

Does anyone know anyone from the Roper family that lived on The Ravine in Shiregreen around 1971?

I was in the same class as Margaret Roper at Shiregreen High School

Thanks Windmillgal......I am trying to find out what happened to her as I don't have any information about her beyond 1971. Do you have any further information about her.....I don't suppose you know what her mum and dad or her older sister were called? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Hello.....I would love to see if anyone can give me any information to help me locate anyone from my birth family. I was born on 25th October 1971 and was named Nicola Roper and then my named was changed when I was adopted 6 months later. My birth mother was 17 at the time of my birth and was called Margaret Roper and she lived at 15 The Ravine, Shiregreen. She attended Shiregreen High School. I understand that she had an older sister but I don't have a name for her or for her parents. My birth father was called John Hill and he lived at 881 Barnsley Road and attended Southey Green School. He was 18 at the time of my birth however, did not play a role in my adoption. I believe he had an older sister but again I don't know her name or their parents names. John may have left to find work abroad and didn't return. Any information that anyone has would be so much appreciated as I would love to trace them and hopefully meet them one day!! Thank you.

Did Margaret have a middle name ?

No Davin I don't believe she did as there is nothing on the information I have however, I guess it's a possibility that it just wasn't recorded.......

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 15:36 ----------

Did Margaret have a middle name ?

No Daven, not that I am aware of as there is nothing on the information that I have but then it's a possibility that it may not have been recorded.....

No Davin I don't believe she did as there is nothing on the information I have however, I guess it's a possibility that it just wasn't recorded.......

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 15:36 ----------

No Daven, not that I am aware of as there is nothing on the information that I have but then it's a possibility that it may not have been recorded.....

15 The Ravine.1973 directory

Ronald W Roper

married Rita B Vickers, 1946 Sheffield

Margaret Roper born 1953 Chesterfield

Susan Roper born 1947 Sheffield

Don't forget to check the details yourself.

A Margaret Roper married an Alan Timms in Sheffield in Apr-Jun 1973, and they most likely had two children - Victoria, born Jul-Sep 1980 and James, Oct-Dec 1982. This could be the right Margaret?

15 The Ravine.1973 directory

Ronald W Roper

married Rita B Vickers, 1946 Sheffield

Margaret Roper born 1953 Chesterfield

Susan Roper born 1947 Sheffield

Don't forget to check the details yourself.

Thank you Retep this is fantastic......appreciate the information.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 23:35 ----------

A Margaret Roper married an Alan Timms in Sheffield in Apr-Jun 1973, and they most likely had two children - Victoria, born Jul-Sep 1980 and James, Oct-Dec 1982. This could be the right Margaret?

Thanks Hillsbro.....all the dates seem to fit in. Really appreciate the information.

Thank you Retep this is fantastic......appreciate the information.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 23:35 ----------

Thanks Hillsbro.....all the dates seem to fit in. Really appreciate the information.

Hillsbro is a mind of info always helpful:thumbsup:

I am wanting to see whether anyone knows of a Rita B Roper and whether anyone knows if she is still living in the Shiregreen area of Sheffield - The Ravine. I would love to get in touch with her.....thank you!

I am looking to find the names of the Roper family who lived at 15, The Ravine, Shiregreen. They lived there in 1971 and at that time had 2 daughters. One was called Margaret who would have been 16/17 in 1971. I don't know the other daughter's name or the mother or father. Any information anyone has would be much appreciated. Thank you.