Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Leading QC calls for fresh investigation into Diana death.quiry

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

27-08-2017, 17:02   #41
ENG601PM

Total Posts: 32
For somebody who people claim predicted that she would die in a car crash she was a very casual about travelling at high speed without a seatbelt behind a drunk driver.
27-08-2017, 17:16   #42
I1L2T3

Total Posts: 13,773
We don't have long to wait until government has to decide whether the public can see government documents on the case. The 30 year rule has been reduced to nearer 20 years, and the records from 1997 are due to be made available to the public in 2019-20
_______
Ive learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
Maya Angelou
27-08-2017, 17:29   #43
taxman

Total Posts: 20,468
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Prince Phillip hiding behind a pillar with a laser pen.

It's the only rational explanation.
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.
27-08-2017, 17:31   #44
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENG601PM View Post
For somebody who people claim predicted that she would die in a car crash she was a very casual about travelling at high speed without a seatbelt behind a drunk driver.
If you believe that's what happened.
_______
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream.
27-08-2017, 17:37   #45
ECCOnoob

Total Posts: 3,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by I1L2T3 View Post
We don't have long to wait until government has to decide whether the public can see government documents on the case. The 30 year rule has been reduced to nearer 20 years, and the records from 1997 are due to be made available to the public in 2019-20
I dont know what sort of things the public will expect.

The vast majority of any documents including this "note" has been trawled through time and time and and time again by the orginal investigations, the original inquest, various investigative journalists sticking their beak in and from money grabbing talking heads just like Mansfield and Burrell turning up on every chat show and news broadcasts to bolster their publicity and stir the pot with masses of totally unevidenced theories.

I never did and never will buy into this people's princess guff. yeah, she did lots of charity but so do other people. Yeah she was mother to the princes, but so what? They divorced and despite that her deluded fans think, that breakdown of relationship was a two way action.

She clearly had some mental health issues for which I am sorry, but she was in the main a sloaney tart who due to her HRH boost became a fantastic minipulator of the media to a point of near hysteria. She knew exactly how to play the press and exactly how to portray sweet and innocent.

Nobody deserves to have a fatal accident and I would not wish such a heinous thing.

HOWEVER, she brought the attention upon herself. She used it and abused such attention when it suited her and tried to avoid it when she was caught in less advantageous positions.

Drunk driver, no seatbelt, speeding vehicle, chaotic event worsened by a chase by papparazi.

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

All this public faux outrage, grief, hysteria and conspiracy over someone who they knew nothing about and cared not a jot for them in return.

With so many more important things going on that really should be given attention this whole things sickens me.

Mansfield has got exactly what he wanted. Stirring up opinion, name all over the papers more money in the bank account. Its a disgrace.

Last edited by ECCOnoob; 27-08-2017 at 17:40.
27-08-2017, 18:00   #46
I1L2T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECCOnoob View Post

The vast majority of any documents including this "note" has been trawled through time and time and and time again by the orginal investigations, the original inquest, various investigative journalists sticking their beak in and from money grabbing talking heads just like Mansfield and Burrell turning up on every chat show and news broadcasts to bolster their publicity and stir the pot with masses of totally unevidenced theories.

I never did and never will buy into this people's princess guff. yeah, she did lots of charity but so do other people. Yeah she was mother to the princes, but so what? They divorced and despite that her deluded fans think, that breakdown of relationship was a two way action.

She clearly had some mental health issues for which I am sorry, but she was in the main a sloaney tart who due to her HRH boost became a fantastic minipulator of the media to a point of near hysteria. She knew exactly how to play the press and exactly how to portray sweet and innocent.

Nobody deserves to have a fatal accident and I would not wish such a heinous thing.

HOWEVER, she brought the attention upon herself. She used it and abused such attention when it suited her and tried to avoid it when she was caught in less advantageous positions.

Drunk driver, no seatbelt, speeding vehicle, chaotic event worsened by a chase by papparazi.

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

All this public faux outrage, grief, hysteria and conspiracy over someone who they knew nothing about and cared not a jot for them in return.

With so many more important things going on that really should be given attention this whole things sickens me.

Mansfield has got exactly what he wanted. Stirring up opinion, name all over the papers more money in the bank account. Its a disgrace.
Are you arguing that internal government documents were transferred to the public domain as a one-off for this case, circumventing the 30 (now 20) year rule?
_______
Ive learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
Maya Angelou
27-08-2017, 18:37   #47
makapaka

Total Posts: 2,076
Quote:

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

I agree - said it at the time and still say it now - it was media driven.

The people's princess? How so exactly?

No one gave a monkeys about her whilst she was alive and she wouldn't have given most people a second thought either.

Then a tragic accident occurs and it's spun into the death of sleeping beauty - madness.
27-08-2017, 19:00   #48
hackey lad

Total Posts: 1,906
Quote:

equals.

TRAGIC. ACCIDENT.

you have so eloquently put into words everything that I would have said , but you put it better

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 19:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
Didn't he represent the 'joe bloggs' at Orgreave ?

I also seem to recall he was involved in the trial of the men charged after a march in rotherham - I didn't know they were rich and famous.

He has had a decent success rate when it comes to overturning convictions obtained by the state by whatever means - otherwise the Guildford/Birmingham/Cardiff 3/ wrongly convicted people might still be locked up.
the joe bloggs at orgreave were backed by a very wealthy union , with an axe to grind
27-08-2017, 20:37   #49
JNewton69

Total Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey lad View Post
you have so eloquently put into words everything that I would have said , but you put it better

the joe bloggs at orgreave were backed by a very wealthy union , with an axe to grind
What happened when it went to court? This countries most corrupt police force were proved to be dead bent once again.
27-08-2017, 20:40   #50
zaci

Total Posts: 32
Quote:

Not just another cover up then http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...-off-insurance
27-08-2017, 20:49   #51
hackey lad

Just a thought , but this so called letter where she predicts her death in a car crash , is there any evidence that it exists ? has anyone seen it other than her solicitors ?

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 20:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNewton69 View Post
What happened when it went to court? This countries most corrupt police force were proved to be dead bent once again.
Why are you here ? I thought you had no opinion about this thread
27-08-2017, 20:51   #52
I1L2T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaka View Post
I agree - said it at the time and still say it now - it was media driven.

The people's princess? How so exactly?

No one gave a monkeys about her whilst she was alive and she wouldn't have given most people a second thought either.

Then a tragic accident occurs and it's spun into the death of sleeping beauty - madness.
I think your assessment of her life and public opinion of her is so monumentally wrong it's comical.

I wasn't a fan myself but I am a big believer in transparency, fairness and truth.
_______
Maya Angelou
27-08-2017, 21:00   #53
JNewton69

Quote:
Just a thought , but this so called letter where she predicts her death in a car crash , is there any evidence that it exists ? has anyone seen it other than her solicitors ?

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 20:50 ----------

Why are you here ? I thought you had no opinion about this thread
I've got as much right as you have to be here and my thoughts have changed.
27-08-2017, 21:06   #54
hackey lad

Quote:
I've got as much right as you have to be here and my thoughts have changed.
No problem . Would you like to share your thoughts ?
27-08-2017, 21:09   #55
JNewton69

Quote:
I have in post 49.

Last edited by nikki-red; 27-08-2017 at 22:25. Reason: fixed the quote
27-08-2017, 21:12   #56
taxman

Total Posts: 20,468
Send a message via MSN to taxman
After seeing that she was buried in a lead lined coffin it means that Prince Phillip killed her by putting Polonium into her drinks at the Ritz.

It's the only rational explanation.
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.
27-08-2017, 21:40   #57
makapaka

Quote:
I think your assessment of her life and public opinion of her is so monumentally wrong it's comical.

I wasn't a fan myself but I am a big believer in transparency, fairness and truth.
How's that? I'm genuinely interested in why you think that's comical?
27-08-2017, 21:47   #58
hackey lad

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have in post 49.

ha ha ha , you cheeky monkey . Any thoughts on the Diana thread ?

Last edited by nikki-red; 27-08-2017 at 22:27. Reason: fixed the quote
27-08-2017, 22:07   #59
I1L2T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaka View Post
How's that? I'm genuinely interested in why you think that's comical?
Because she was practically the most famous person on the planet when she died, with a huge international army of admirers.

I would agree it was sickening fawning nonsense, but to say nobody cared about her is stupidity. It simply isn't true.
_______
Maya Angelou
27-08-2017, 22:15   #60
makapaka

Quote:
Because she was practically the most famous person on the planet when she died, with a huge international army of admirers.

I would agree it was sickening fawning nonsense, but to say nobody cared about her is stupidity. It simply isn't true.
No - that's what you may have taken from the media attention which most likely informed your view.

How many people have you met that said they truly admired princess Diana before or since she died?
Reply To Topic