Sarah Champion MP to leave Shadow Cabinet

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

23-08-2017, 21:54   #81
Penistone999

Total Posts: 8,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbreathe View Post
Well of course you don't..she just said it as you would, which is of no surprise..
She said it just how anyone should have said it. Straight to the point ,and not bowing to political correctness .
23-08-2017, 22:08   #82
Broakham

Total Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
which unfortunately doesn't really answer the question of why Tory-led Oxfordshire county council did absolutely nothing to protect vulnerable girls in their care does it ?
No, of course it doesn't,nor would I attempt to defend them. Two wrongs don't make a right.

This thread however is about the Labour leadership attempting to stifle debate about the issue. As far as I am aware the Conservatives have not done the same (yet?).
23-08-2017, 22:44   #83
The Joker

Total Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidley View Post
I think every body agrees with the above and nobody is twitching in their nickers
is it because the E-E-EDL can't be bothered to show up when white paedophiles make the headlines ?
23-08-2017, 23:25   #84
kidley

Total Posts: 7,512
its all to do with white supremacy joker.
_______
Beware of critics who claim to know what you mean better than you do.
24-08-2017, 17:48   #85
Flanker7

Total Posts: 1,320
She resigned once before you know. So she was never going to be on Corbyn's christmas card list.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7155176.html
02-09-2017, 21:51   #86
crazybaby

Total Posts: 844
It seems Sarah's been speaking up for herself.

Quote:
In an interview with The Times, Ms Champion said the reaction was largely provoked by a fear of being tagged racist.

"If I'm on the floppy left, to be accused of racism is probably the worst thing you can call me," she said.

"That fear will motivate me to step away from a lot of topics I'd maybe tackle head on if I didn't have that phobia."

Ms Champion added many London-based Labour members and politicians lived in a largely "tolerant, multicultural world", and had "never been challenged by a reality that's different".

"London is not representative of the UK and it's definitely not representative of the North of England in relation to race," she added.

"Rotherham and many post-industrial towns are still segregated."Factually, however, she has insisted she was correct and said her position was "not an opinion, although people would like it to be".

She added: "It's based on the facts of this very specific form of grooming of girls by gangs of men.

"It's a very consistent model of recruitment, manipulation and exploitation, and when you look at the figures of the people who've been arrested and convicted, the vast, vast majority are British-Pakistani men."

In contrast to the reaction within her own party following her Sun article, Ms Champion says her email inbox "went nuts with overwhelmingly positive messages".

"Police, social workers, children's charities, health professionals were getting in touch and saying, 'Thank God you've said it; now maybe we can actually start dealing with this'.

"The relief they were expressing was extraordinary," she said.
http://news.sky.com/story/floppy-lef...mpion-11016956
02-09-2017, 22:39   #87
hauxwell

Total Posts: 575
Well done to her for sticking up for herself and every thing she is saying in her interview is true.
02-09-2017, 22:44   #88
tinfoilhat

Total Posts: 13,490
The line "London is not representative of the UK and definately not representative of the North of England....." needs branding with a red hot iron on every MPs arse regardless of the party they align themselves to. You could tag a hundred issues on the end of that sentence.
_______
We get the world we deserve.
02-09-2017, 22:51   #89
crazybaby

Total Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
The line "London is not representative of the UK and definately not representative of the North of England....." needs branding with a red hot iron on every MPs arse regardless of the party they align themselves to. You could tag a hundred issues on the end of that sentence.
Now there's a thing, can't get that image out of my head
02-09-2017, 23:19   #90
taxman

Total Posts: 20,464
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Reminds me of the argument (discussion) about Female Genital Mutilation.....it happens thousands of times but where are the prosecutions, the jail sentences, the doctors struck off, the parents incarcerated?
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.
Reply To Topic