Bar Stewards micro-pub - opening tonight 28/07

Surprised not been posted already (or maybe it has and I missed it, but search found nowt)...

After successful trial weekends before xmas, Bar Stewards micropub (directly opposite the Shakespeare on Gibraltar St, how convenient!) opens properly at 5pm tonight

4 cask lines + 6 craaaft keg, tonight's offerings here (not sure if you have to have a Farcebook account to view) https://www.facebook.com/thebarstewards1/?fref=ts

not sure what the regular hours will be...

another worthy addition to the Sheffield pub scene!

Let us hope the beer is better than its name

(it's a bit of a throw back to the "hilarious" "I'm a Firkin' Bar Steward" tshirts of the 1980s Firkin chain...)

Howwwwww Muchhhhhh?

I could have got a pint of Tetleys for 72p back in 1998...blah blah blah, chunter chunter chunter

4 cask lines + 6 craaaft keg, tonight's offerings here (not sure if you have to have a Farcebook account to view) https://www.facebook.com/thebarstewards1/?fref=ts

Keg? Evil Keg?!? MAY THE POWER OF CASK COMPEL YOU!

Seriously tho, I love this place and their cask and keg (and bottles and cans). Good on you chaps.

Edited by belperite

sounds like a great addition to that areas real ales walkabout,good luck and I will try to pop in for a beer.

I checked out the Facebook page - it doesn't provide any update on what is on the bar - but from looking at the photo's I can see that they have a focus on local microbrewery beer so that's great for me - I'm in there!

They seem to show updates on twitter and FB quite often now. Plus they are open 6 days a week!