Sheffield Forum
Your message here

So, smoking e-cigarettes is 95% less harmful than regular cigs!

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

20-08-2015, 13:09   #41
Penistone999

Total Posts: 8,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassity;11125104[B
]Pretty successful with mobile phone use, seat belt use, alcohol use.[/B]

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 02:15 ----------

The jury is out regarding primary and secondary harm regarding e-juice. Unlike damning evidence of primary and secondary tobacco use.
Really ? Everywhere you go you see people on their mobiles or not wearing seatbelts.

what they going to do , have ACSC`S ( automatic cig spotting cameras ) on the roads. ?
20-08-2015, 13:10   #42
choogling

Total Posts: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC1 View Post
I enjoyed smoking.
i have stopped smoking loads of times the last time was eight years ago.
20-08-2015, 13:12   #43
Penistone999

Total Posts: 8,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
So that would be easiest enough to tax then wouldn't it. Making it at home would be no cheaper than buying it in a shop.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 08:20 ----------

You started smoking at about age 8?

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 08:21 ----------

It isn't though is it. This is just your personal law breaking fantasy.
Are you claiming the number of knock off cigs and bacca isnt rising ? The fact more and more people are selling it tells you more people are buying it.
20-08-2015, 13:51   #44
Cyclone

Total Posts: 68,389
No, I'm saying that what you said (tax revenue on tobacco falling) isn't true.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penistone999 View Post
Really ? Everywhere you go you see people on their mobiles or not wearing seatbelts.

what they going to do , have ACSC`S ( automatic cig spotting cameras ) on the roads. ?
I rarely see anyone without a seat belt.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:52 ----------

Quote:
dont be daft.
You only graduated a few years ago... Perhaps you're older than you seem though.
_______
Ask yourself, what would Chuck Norris do?
Youtube videos, snowboarding, climbing, bad drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...qpXEZMGnJHf3Wg
20-08-2015, 14:04   #45
PeteMorris
Reason-ablyNear

Total Posts: 15,588
Quote:
No, I'm saying that what you said (tax revenue on tobacco falling) isn't true.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:51 ----------

I rarely see anyone without a seat belt.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:52 ----------

You only graduated a few years ago... Perhaps you're older than you seem though.
You're right of course, I rarely see anyone without a seat belt on....BUT...Mobile phones!....I see them every single day...a dozen or more times..Especially in slow moving traffic, as I tend to only travel in morning and evening rush hour traffic....It's VERY common...You must see it too
_______
It's almost like juggling fried eggs!
20-08-2015, 14:35   #46
drummonds

Total Posts: 977
Quote:

i think the system works pretty much like it does with speeding, drink driving, bald tyres, no insurance etc. you get away with it for a while and then you moan that you've been hit with a 60, 200 fine or ban because you got pulled.

apparently around 8000 people were prosecuted last year for using a mobile whilst driving, an offence which i believe now costs you 200.

Last edited by drummonds; 20-08-2015 at 14:43.
20-08-2015, 14:57   #47
cassity

Total Posts: 1,303
Quote:
And if caught you will be penalized. There are many who drink and drive who get away with it simply because the authorities were not there at the time.

Tell us..do you avoid wearing a seat belt and use your phone while driving intoxicated?
20-08-2015, 15:04   #48
TJC1

Total Posts: 5,344
Quote:

perhaps, its not important

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogling View Post
i have stopped smoking loads of times the last time was eight years ago.
keep trying. aversion techniques worked for me.
21-08-2015, 16:20   #49
truman

Total Posts: 19,080
Quote:
It was hard to quit. After 16 years. One of my favourite achievements.
I recommend it.
Quitting must be easy after all I've known people do it 5 or 6 times....
_______
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left...
21-08-2015, 22:27   #50
Bethsmummy

Total Posts: 2,799
My fella stopped smoking in June 2013 by using ecigs. In July 2013 he fell very ill. Shortly after he was diagnosed with severe Crohns disease. Two weeks in hospital and some very intense treatment saved his bowel (for now anyway)

He says it's more likely that stopping smoking provoked the disease. I'm more convinced that inhaling unlicensed liquids would have caused it. I guess we'll never know. The only thing we can be certain of is that within 6 weeks of introducing vaping to his body, He was seriously ill with a life changing illness.

Ecigs are not without risk, It could be decades before we know the true cost to our health!!
_______
Beth & Ellie. My big girl and my little miracle. My future
And now Joshua, My funny valentine 14/02/14
21-08-2015, 22:28   #51
Happ Hazzard

Total Posts: 5,036
Anyone know why dip is illegal in the UK despite being much less harmful than regular fags?
22-08-2015, 01:47   #52
apelike

Total Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happ Hazzard View Post
Anyone know why dip is illegal in the UK despite being much less harmful than regular fags?
I thought that dip was a bit like chewing tobacco and a big cause of gum, mouth and throat cancer?
_______
As only 34.7% of the electorate actually voted to remain we will be Going, going gone soon
BTW Lloyds of London have not left but will only be relocating some jobs to Brussels that all, otherwise it will have to be called Lloyds of Brussels.
22-08-2015, 08:30   #53
Happ Hazzard

Total Posts: 5,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelike View Post
I thought that dip was a bit like chewing tobacco and a big cause of gum, mouth and throat cancer?
It is and it is, but it's still a lot less harmful than cigarettes are.
22-08-2015, 12:40   #54
Cyclone

Total Posts: 68,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethsmummy View Post
My fella stopped smoking in June 2013 by using ecigs. In July 2013 he fell very ill. Shortly after he was diagnosed with severe Crohns disease. Two weeks in hospital and some very intense treatment saved his bowel (for now anyway)

He says it's more likely that stopping smoking provoked the disease. I'm more convinced that inhaling unlicensed liquids would have caused it. I guess we'll never know. The only thing we can be certain of is that within 6 weeks of introducing vaping to his body, He was seriously ill with a life changing illness.

Ecigs are not without risk, It could be decades before we know the true cost to our health!!
Most likely it's just a coincidence.

---------- Post added 22-08-2015 at 12:41 ----------

Quote:
perhaps, its not important
Or perhaps you didn't quit 16 years ago?
_______
Ask yourself, what would Chuck Norris do?
Youtube videos, snowboarding, climbing, bad drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...qpXEZMGnJHf3Wg
22-08-2015, 13:30   #55
SnailyBoy

Total Posts: 4,419
Quote:

What did the doctor say about it?
_______
flickr
22-08-2015, 13:37   #56
El Cid

Total Posts: 7,045
Quote:
I'm more convinced that inhaling unlicensed liquids would have caused it. I guess we'll never know. The only thing we can be certain of is that within 6 weeks of introducing vaping to his body, He was seriously ill with a life changing illness.

What these ecigs contain will be very variable, just like smoking weed used to be almost harmless in low volumes, these days there are much stronger varieties.
Ecigs might be relatively safe today, but who knows what they will contain in the future?
22-08-2015, 14:09   #57
cgksheff

Total Posts: 22,528
Quote:

What is known is that his cigarette smoking will have doubled his risk of developing Crohn's Disease.

There is anecdotal evidence that continued smoking may mask the symptoms of Crohn's, and stopping smoking allows the symptoms to be felt, treatment sought and the disease diagnosed.

Currently, there is no evidence to support ecigs as a causal factor (not to say that they aren't) but the first scenario is more likely.

He is better off having stopped smoking.
He is even more better off that his Crohn's has been diagnosed and treated.
Best wishes for his continued recovery.

Does he continue to vape?
_______
The 'avatar' that you see with the SF letters and the circle (regardless of colours) has copyright established since 2004.
23-08-2015, 22:21   #58
RickyM

Total Posts: 831
I'm sticking with my cigarettes as I like them and had no interest in these E-ciggs.

If I get lung cancer then so be it, **** happens but at least I'll know I've enjoyed my life.
23-08-2015, 23:56   #59
The Joker

Total Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
I'm sticking with my cigarettes as I like them and had no interest in these E-ciggs.

If I get lung cancer then so be it, **** happens but at least I'll know I've enjoyed my life.
well I hate the smell of tobacco. . . But I find that some e-cigs / vapes smell ok.

I still wouldn't smoke either though ( I'm an intolerant and humourless anti-smoker, if you hadn't guessed)
23-08-2015, 23:59   #60
RickyM

Total Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
well I hate the smell of tobacco. . . But I find that some e-cigs / vapes smell ok.

I still wouldn't smoke either though ( I'm an intolerant and humourless anti-smoker, if you hadn't guessed)
There are occasions when I do smoke in public places but this is rare. Sorry if my smoke has ever wafted into your face - I know it's not pleasant to non-smokers

I'm not persuaded to switch to E-ciggs though. I just like my traditional cigarettes.
Reply To Topic